March Monthly Meeting W/ Hannah Pickard, Climate Communicator
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker.
Hope is a precious commodity in conversations about climate change. Our speaker this month, Hannah Pickard, trains people in proven communications techniques that shift the national conversation about climate change to be more positive, civic-minded and solutions-focused. She is the Network Manager for the National Network for Ocean and Climate Change Interpretation. NNOCCI currently supports climate communicators in 184 institutions in 38 states. As we go out in our communities to lead presentations, Hannah's coaching can help us to inspire audiences to take action and be part of the solution.
Playback options for meetings:Watch or download the video recording. Or listen to the podcast on PodBean or iTunes.
March's Monthly Actions (click here to download the full sheet)
- Supercharge your onboarding of new volunteers
- Special Grassroots Action: While doing Earth Day outreach, register people to vote
- Become a monthly Evergreen Donor
- Bonus Social Media Action: The Far Middle - where the Left and Right work together!
- Laser Talk exercise: Jobs: Fossil fuels versus renewables (see action sheet)
Group Leaders: check out the “Suggestions for Group Leader" PDF for how to use the March Action Sheet.