Community Release - May 13, 2019
Simply put, a release is a package of software updates that are ready to be released. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other Monday.
- Streamlined field report form. Based on your Community login, fields like email address, chapter, district, and name are now pre-filled and editable.
- The most recent forum posts and/or replies for a group or action team are now displayed on each group or team's homepage. On the homepage of your group, only post titles are viewable for logged out users. A user needs to log in to reply or read the post.
- Group and action team homepages no longer have a comments section. If you're a group and want similar comment functionality (ability to post something that's not emailed to every user in a daily digest), you can create a forum category. New forum categories are akin to a comment section and allow users the option to subscribe.
- Added help page link (question mark icon to the right of the search box) to the main menu bar.
- By popular request, event notifications for groups have been disabled. Group leaders can contact IT to have group event notifications re-enabled.
- Bulletin posts comments. You can now post comments to the latest bulletin posts. See the bottom of this post.
- New page for monthly Action Sheets. Bookmark it!
- Updated Making Primary and Secondary Asks resource with new supporting bills.
- Updated Carbon Pricing Bills in Congress with a new title and new bills.
- Updated New Member Import Spreadsheet Template to include a column for mailing postal code, which helps assign new supporters to the correct chapter.
- Updated New Supporter Welcome Handout.
- Updated Meeting Minutes Print-out.
- Reorganized Action Team Directory.
- Your personal dashboard will now provide featured video links embedded on the tile.
Thousands of CCL volunteers will call their members of Congress on June 5 to lay the foundation for our June 11 Lobby Day in D.C. Calling our senators and representatives helps demonstrate constituent concern about climate change and increase congressional offices’ awareness of the Energy Innovation Act. To make calling easy and to automatically ... more
What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates that are ready to be released. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other Monday. New features Streamlined field report form. Based on your Community login, fields like email address, chapter, district, and name are now pre-filled and editable. The most recent forum ... more
Last week, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 9, which would "direct the President to develop a plan for the United States to meet its nationally determined contribution under the Paris Agreement, and for other purposes." The vote was 231 to 190. CCL issued this statement of support: "Citizens’ Climate Lobby supports H.R. 9, Climate ... more
Recently, rock climber Alex Honnold, who scaled Yosemite’s El Capitan in the Oscar-winning documentary “Free Solo,” publicly endorsed the Energy Innovation Act. The Outdoor Industry Action Team helped this endorsement come about. Bill Barron, who co-leads the team with Matt Tucker, says, “It is a great story of teamwork!” Here’s Bill's story of ... more