Community Release - April 30, 2019
Simply put, a release is a package of software updates that are ready to be released. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other Monday.
- Added Community Bulletins to the users dashboard.
- Chapter rosters now display the total number of members for easy reference, including supporters who have opted out of email and may not be in Community.
- State and Regional Coordinators can temporarily join another group on Community, allowing them to post and participate in other group's discussions. Coordinators can click the 'RC/SC Join Button' and be joined to the group until midnight Eastern Time.
- Moving forward, State and Regional Coordinators will also begin seeing "At Large" groups for each of their state(s) - a new catch-all group that will receive incoming new volunteers in that state that were not automatically assigned a chapter when they joined due to living far enough away from any active chapter or some other reason. For more information see this post in the SC Forums and the IT team will be unveiling additional details in the future.
- Events. Upcoming Events & Group Calendar Events created in your group will now display in the time zone selected when the event is created. The main CCL Events calendar for CCL National events will display the time in the user time zones.
- Congressional biographies updated for 2019.
- Proof of Insurance Form. For CCL chapter events (tabling, chapter meetings, film screenings, etc.) in need of reporting your event for insurance coverage.
- 2019 Lobby Day Study Guide. To help June Conference attendees get ready to lobby, this study guide highlights some of the most helpful training and resources available on CCL Community.
Thousands of CCL volunteers will call their members of Congress on June 5 to lay the foundation for our June 11 Lobby Day in D.C. Calling our senators and representatives helps demonstrate constituent concern about climate change and increase congressional offices’ awareness of the Energy Innovation Act. To make calling easy and to automatically ... more
What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates that are ready to be released. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other Monday. New features Streamlined field report form. Based on your Community login, fields like email address, chapter, district, and name are now pre-filled and editable. The most recent forum ... more
Last week, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 9, which would "direct the President to develop a plan for the United States to meet its nationally determined contribution under the Paris Agreement, and for other purposes." The vote was 231 to 190. CCL issued this statement of support: "Citizens’ Climate Lobby supports H.R. 9, Climate ... more
Recently, rock climber Alex Honnold, who scaled Yosemite’s El Capitan in the Oscar-winning documentary “Free Solo,” publicly endorsed the Energy Innovation Act. The Outdoor Industry Action Team helped this endorsement come about. Bill Barron, who co-leads the team with Matt Tucker, says, “It is a great story of teamwork!” Here’s Bill's story of ... more