Weekly Zoom Calls;
Tuesdays at 5 pm PST/6 pm MST/7 pm CST/8 pm EST
- Group Administration Trainings
- Emerging Group Leader Videos Playlist
- Jan 12: Jean Ritok - Empowering Your Ask & Participant Handout
- Jan. 5: Five Levers of Political Will with Don Kraus
- Dec. 15: Madeleine Para, CCL's VP of Programs on Transformational Organizing
- Dec. 8: Grasstops Lever of Political Will with Sara Wanous
- Dec 1: Sara Wanous reviews CCL's Action Tracker tool
- Dec 1: Randy Salim with Business Climate Leaders & working with Grasstops Leaders
- Nov 24: Mark Reynolds, CCL Executive Director
- Nov 17: CCL Presentations with David Cain
- Nov 10: Don Addu - helping your chapter's new-volunteer on-boarding process
- Nov 3: Joined the GL call to process election
- Oct 27: Amy Bennett shares lobbying tips and preparations
- Oct 13: Morgan McCue reviews the Energy Innovation Act & your policy questions
- Oct 6: CCL Community Orientation with Brett Cease
- Sept 8: Onboarding new volunteers with Elli Sparks
How do I join the Tuesday night call?Contact your state coordinator to be added to our email reminder list. For information about how the EGL program fits into the process of becoming a group leader, see this training page.
Who is an "emerging group leader"?
You might be a new volunteer starting a brand new chapter. Or, you could be a volunteer in an existing chapter signing up as a co-leader to lend a hand to the group's leader. Maybe your current chapter leader has stepped down or moved away and you've volunteered to replace him or her.
However you wind up stepping up, the Emerging Group Leader program supports you in your effort to grow into the role of group leader (click for details), and in many cases, to start a chapter from scratch.
We offer a series of 12-14 Emerging Group Leader calls (recordings linked above) in which we cover a variety of topics (see list below) to help orient you as group leader.
Email CCL's Director of Field Development, Elli Sparks or CCL Director of Administration Susan Higgins to join CCL's Emerging Group Leaders program and contact your state or regional coordinator to let them know of your interest. They keep tabs on all of the groups in their state or region. After you "graduate" from the Emerging Group Leader program, you will work closely with your state or regional coordinator on an on-going basis.
Earlier EGL Call Archives
- CCL’s History and Beginnings with Marshall Saunders - June 3, 2019
- CCL’s DC Conference & Lobby Days with Mark Reynolds - January, 2020