Weekly Zoom Calls:
Tuesdays at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT
- Group Administration Trainings
- Emerging Group Leader Videos Playlist
- June 15: Madeleine Para on Transformational Organizing
- June 8 - Don Addu - Starting Your Group
- June 1: Harold Hedelman - BCL & Grasstops Lever
- May 25: Karina Ramirez - Community Inclusion at CCL
- May 19: CCL Presentations - David Cain
- May 4: Flannery Winchester & Mike Williams - Leveraging Media
- Apr 27: Amy Bennett - Liaisons and Lobbying
- Apr. 20: Morgan McCue - The Energy Innovation Act
- Apr. 20: Five Levers of Political Will w/ Don Kraus
- Apr. 13: Susan Higgins - CCL's Action Tracker Tool
- March 30: Planning A Group Meeting
- March 16: Mark Reynolds, CCL Executive Director
- March 9: CCL Community Orientation w/ Brett Cease
- Mar 3: Your Chapter's New Volunteer Onboarding Process
- Feb 9: Noel Smyth - Monthly Calling Campaign
- Jan 12: Jean Ritok - Empowering Your Ask
How do I join the Tuesday night call?Contact your state coordinator to be added to our email reminder list. For information about how the EGL program fits into the process of becoming a group leader, see this training page.
Who is an "emerging group leader"?
You might be a new volunteer starting a brand new chapter. Or, you could be a volunteer in an existing chapter signing up as a co-leader to lend a hand to the group's leader. Maybe your current chapter leader has stepped down or moved away and you've volunteered to replace him or her.
However you wind up stepping up, the Emerging Group Leader program supports you in your effort to grow into the role of group leader (click for details), and in many cases, to start a chapter from scratch.
We offer a series of 12-14 Emerging Group Leader calls (recordings linked above) in which we cover a variety of topics (see list below) to help orient you as group leader.
To join, please contact your state coordinator so that can enroll you in the Emerging Group Leaders program lead by CCL Director of Administration Susan Higgins. They keep tabs on all of the groups in their state or region. After you "graduate" from the Emerging Group Leader program, you will work closely with your state or regional coordinator on an on-going basis.
Earlier EGL Call Archives
- CCL’s History and Beginnings with Marshall Saunders - June 3, 2019
- CCL’s DC Conference & Lobby Days with Mark Reynolds - January, 2020