Add Team Menu Item

About Us
Category:
Action Team
Description:
Welcome to the NEW Onboarding Action Team!

Hosted by Elli Sparks (elli@citizensclimate.org) and Sandy Simon (sandy@citizensclimate.org) and meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of each month during the day.

Join us on Tuesday, October 19th, for our next action team meeting: 9 am PT / 10 am MT / 11 am CT / 12 noon ET on Zoom: 
https://citizensclimate.zoom.us/j/5313630429?pwd=RXdWQ3ZZK0xpQmNWZVlKNkh0bmFOdz09
Meeting ID: 531 363 0429
Passcode: 123

Would you like to learn how to get new volunteers involved with chapter activities, become productive additions to your group and remain active over time? In the Onboarding Action Team’s monthly meetings, volunteers from across the country will share their successful methods and practices with our action team members.

The Onboarding Action Team promises to be informative, interactive and lots of fun as we explore together how to bring new volunteers onboard in our chapters where they can take action and help us build political will.

Group:
Public
Members:

More Info

We hope you will join us for our informative meetings. Sign up at the link below.

Upcoming Speaker Line-up - Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m. PT/12:00 p.m. ET

Does your chapter have special, unique or particularly successful ways of onboarding new volunteers? If so, let us know about it! Email Sandy Simon at sandy@citizensclimate.org with the details.

Onboarding Resources:

Recordings:

An appreciation of onboarding:

I just wanted to comment that the welcome call I received as a new member of the Austin chapter is what led to me being involved in the MCC campaign, the lobby team, and this new ad project we have. Without that call, I don’t know how long it would have taken me to get involved and/or if I would have ever gotten involved in the MCC campaign. Those welcome calls are great for getting people engaged, especially in the context of "what types of actions do you like," leading them right then and there to step into a campaign. - Matt Mire, TX Austin volunteer

Our Mission Statement:

The mission of the Onboarding Action Team is to provide a place for education, sharing and resources for the onboarding process in a nurturing, interactive and enjoyable environment. We view onboarding expansively to include acclimating new and prospective volunteers, activating and retaining volunteers, and chapter development and organization.

We invite guest speakers from chapters which have a proven track record for successful onboarding, volunteer engagement and retention, providing resources and tools, and chapter development. We create a learning environment for group leaders and onboarding teams who are seeking information on successful onboarding processes for their own chapters.

Upcoming Events

Relevance
Starts:
10/19/2021 9:00am PDT
Starts:
11/16/2021 9:00am PST