Welcome to the State Policy Action Team!CCL’s primary goal is the adoption of strong, effective climate policy by the US Congress. State-level policies can help us achieve this national goal. Local policies serve to not only enable local action but also create momentum at the national level.
CCL’s State-Level Criteria
How does CCL determine whether to support a particular state-level policy? CCL National provides some general guidance on our Local, State and National Level Policy Engagement Page. Historically, CCL supports climate policies or resolutions efforts that meet five criteria:
- Aligns with our Strategic goals (below)
- It reduces greenhouse gas emissions more than existing policies
- It protects the poor and working class
- It meshes well with a national price on carbon
- It is politically feasible