Welcome to the Quaker Action Team!
Our goal is to engage Quakers (Unprogrammed, Evangelical, Pastoral and Conservative branches) in climate action, with an emphasis on understanding the value of a carbon fee and dividend approach.
QUNO (Quaker United Nations Office) - Climate Resource Document (12 succinct cases made for climate action - for use with elected officials)
FCNL (Friends Committee on National Legislation) Statements & Supported Interfaith Resources:
- FCNL's EICDA Statement (2 pager with CCL's EICDA Interfaith Statements) Nov. 2018 Full Statement, Carbon Pricing Principles
- WISC (Washington Interreligious Staff Community) summary of IPCC Report by Energy & Ecology Working Group
- WISC summary of US National Climate Assessment (by region)
EICDA Minutes of Support & Endorsement:
- PA: Fallsington and Lehight Valley Monthly Meetings have endorsed. Bucks Quarterly has as well.
- AZ: Flagstaff (AZ01) and Tempe (AZ09) have each endorsed HR 763. AHYM (Arizona Half-Yearly Meeting) in process for Spring 2019. IMYM (Intermountain Yearly Meeting - AZ, UT, NM, CO) has a 2019 Climate Change Minute that references HR 763.
- SD: Rapid City called on Meetings (Monthly, Regional & Yearly) to Support Carbon Pricing & Sign CCL Endorsers Letters
The existing Quaker (QUNO) Climate Statement & Signatories is here: http://www.quakerearthcare.org/article/shared-quaker-statement-facing-challenge-climate-change
As Quakers, we are encouraged to share our inspiring stories at either of the above links.
Does anyone want to write about how CCL & Quakers work well together?