Recent Forum Topics
Welcome to the Quaker Action Team!
Our goal is to engage Quakers (Unprogrammed, Evangelical, Pastoral and Conservative branches) in climate action, with an emphasis on understanding the value of a carbon fee and dividend approach.
FCNL Statements & Supported Interfaith Resources:
- FCNL's EICDA Statement (2 pager with CCL's EICDA Interfaith Statements) Nov. 2018 Full Statement, Carbon Pricing Principles
- WISC (Washington Interreligious Staff Community) summary of IPCC Report by Energy & Ecology Working Group
- WISC summary of US National Climate Assessment (by region)
EICDA Minutes of Support & Endorsement:
- PA: Fallsington and Lehight Valley Monthly Meetings have endorsed. Bucks Quarterly has as well.
- AZ: Flagstaff (AZ01) and Tempe (AZ09) have each endorsed HR 763. AHYM (Arizona Half-Yearly Meeting) in process for Spring 2019. IMYM (Intermountain Yearly Meeting - AZ, UT, NM, CO) has a 2019 Climate Change Minute that references HR 763.
- SD: Rapid City called on Meetings (Monthly, Regional & Yearly) to Support Carbon Pricing & Sign CCL Endorsers Letters
The existing Quaker (QUNO) Climate Statement & Signatories is here: http://www.quakerearthcare.org/article/shared-quaker-statement-facing-challenge-climate-change
As Quakers, we are encouraged to share our inspiring stories at either of the above links.
Does anyone want to write about how CCL & Quakers work well together?