Chart of the Week
Join the discussion about the record of at least 23 billion-dollar weather disasters in the USA this yearView Topic
2 Min. Video: Video Link (Quaker Quotes & call to action using cclcalls.org)
Current Flier: tiny.cc/Quaker-CCL-Flier,
CCL Quaker Action Team Calendar: tiny.cc/CCLQuakerCal.
If you have suggestions for other resources or would like to add an event, contact group leaders.
Welcome to the Quaker Action Team!
Our goal is to engage Quakers (Unprogrammed, Evangelical, Pastoral and Conservative branches) in climate action, with an emphasis on understanding the value of a carbon fee and dividend approach. Below you will find many resources beyond the flier and calendar noted above.
Check out Citizens' Climate Radio by Quaker Peterson Toscano - Ex: Episode 69: Angelic Troublemakers
QUNO (Quaker United Nations Office) - Human Impacts of Climate Change web page - June 2023 A Government Official’s Toolkit - May 2023 Fair Sources of Finance for a New Loss and Damage Funding Arrangement - February 2023 Respecting, promoting, and protecting human rights in climate action through the Global Stocktake - January 2023 Human Right-Based Approaches to Climate Action - And many additional 2023 resources
FCNL (Friends Committee on National Legislation) Statements & Supported Interfaith Resources:
- FCNL's EICDA statements 2021 and before - along with all faith statements on EICDA website
- FCNL's Carbon Pricing Principles (April 1, 2021)
- Another Look at FCNL’s Carbon Pricing Principles (April 19, 2021)
- FCNL's analysis of 6 specific 2019 bills that price carbon (EICDA is one)
- Migration and the Climate Crisis (April 19, 2021)
- Climate Champions: Young Adult Advocates Convince Their Representative to Join the Climate Solutions Caucus (October 6, 2017) - relationship between CCL & FCNL
- Signed on: 2019 Interfaith Carbon Pricing Principles
- WISC (Washington Interreligious Staff Community) summary of IPCC Report by Energy & Ecology Working Group
- WISC summary of US National Climate Assessment (by region)
EICDA Minutes of Support & Endorsement:
- Quakers listed on EICDA website as of 5-9-23 with 176 faith groups signed-on - (AL: Birmingham Friends Meeting, AZ: Flagstaff Friends Meeting, Tempe Friends Meeting, CA: Orange Grove Monthly Meeting of the Society of Friends, MD: Chester River Friends Meeting, MN: Carmon Valley Friends, NV: Reno Friends Quaker Meeting, NY: Sarasota Monthly Meeting, PA: Bucks Quarterly, Lehigh Valley Friends Meeting)
- NYYM (NY, CT, NJ): New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (all of NY and parts of CT and NJ) encourages the enactment of carbon pricing legislation in 2021.
- PA: Fallsington and Lehight Valley Monthly Meetings have endorsed. Bucks Quarterly has as well.
- AZ: Flagstaff (AZ02) and Tempe (AZ04) have each endorsed HR 763. IMYM (Intermountain Yearly Meeting - AZ, UT, NM, CO) has a 2019 Climate Change Minute that references HR 763.
- SD: Rapid City called on Meetings (Monthly, Regional & Yearly) to Support Carbon Pricing & Sign CCL Endorsers Letters
The existing Quaker Climate Statement & Signatories is also available from QEW here: http://www.quakerearthcare.org/article/shared-quaker-statement-facing-challenge-climate-change
As Quakers, we are encouraged to share our inspiring stories at either of the above links.
What is missing? Your links can be added here, just contact Gretchen (g [at] cooperativebydeisgn [dot] com).