April Monthly Actions & Meeting W/ Rev. Franklin Ruff
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. April's Monthly Meeting will take place on Saturday, April 10th at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT and feature a conversation with Rev. Franklin Ruff, Pastor of First Baptist Church, Stillwell, KS.
At a time when distrust and animosity between our political parties appears to be at an all-time high, we need to take a step back and find ways to work together so we can solve the big problems facing our nation. We hear this month from Rev. Franklin Ruff, pastor of the First Baptist Church in Stillwell, Kansas, and past president of American Baptist Churches of the Central Region. He is also the Red Co-Chair of the Braver Angels Kansas City Alliance. Rev. Ruff is a conservative who says, "One of the things we can do to make [our country] better is look and see the humanity of others and to be humble." He'll talk about how to bridge differences and listen to each other to find common ground.
Playback options for meetings:
April's Monthly Actions (click here to download the full sheet)
- Send a satchel of postcards to President Biden
- Pump up the volume of your outreach through Earth Week (see action sheet)
- Special Lobbying Congress bonus action: Write Congress about the reintroduced Energy Innovation Act
- Social media bonus action: Post on social media why you like CCL
- Communication exercise: Practice citing trusted messengers (see action sheet)