August 2022 Monthly Actions & Meeting W/ Bob Inglis, RepublicEn, And Princella Talley, OpEd Project
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. August's Monthly Meeting took place on Saturday, August 13th at 1:00 pm ET and featured a conversation with with Bob Inglis, republicEn, and Princella Talley, OpEd Project.
Expanding our outreach to include people from a variety of constituencies can strengthen our organization and improve our effectiveness as advocates. This month, we talk with Bob Inglis and Princella Talley about how they communicate with diverse audiences about climate change. Bob is a former Republican Congressman from South Carolina, and is now the Executive Director of republicEn, an organization empowering conservatives to advocate for market-based solutions to climate change. Princella is a Fellow at Large with the OpEd Project whose writing has been featured in numerous publications throughout the country. She previously worked for Citizens' Climate Education as a Development Coordinator and Diversity Outreach Coordinator.
Ways to Watch The Call
- Start planning an October Earth Day: Election Edition event!
- Engage your community on candidates and voting
- Social media bonus action: Post a photo of your chapter getting out the climate vote
- Chapter development bonus action: Submit a human interest story to attract new members
- Communication exercise: Practice talking about the Inflation Reduction Act