December 2022 Monthly Actions & Meeting W/Marcelo Mena, Global Methane Hub
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. December's Monthly Meeting took place on Saturday, December 10th at 1:00 pm ET and featured a conversation with Marcelo Mena, Global Methane Hub.
Reducing methane emissions will be one of the keys to staying within the 1.5 C warming threshold. To learn what steps are being taken to lower those emissions, this month's speaker is Marcelo Mena, CEO of Global Methane Hub, a philanthropic alliance to support methane emissions reduction efforts around the world. Mena previously served as Minister of the Environment of Chile and has extensive experience as a scientist, activist, former professor and policymaker. In his role as Minister of Environment, he spearheaded multiple international environmental initiatives including helping craft a landmark agreement to phase out coal power generation. On this month's call, he will offer his perspective on the recently convened COP27 climate conference.
Ways to Watch the Callclick here to download the full sheet)
- Use our Take Action Worksheet to launch your policy advocacy
- Chapter development bonus action: Celebrate your chapter’s success
- Ask friends and family to donate to CCL for the holidays
- Social media bonus action: Post on social media: How has CCL empowered you?
- Communication exercise: Practice leading with who we are by telling your story