May 2023 Monthly Actions & Meeting W/ Dr. Adam Simon, University Of Michigan
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. May's Monthly Meeting was held on Saturday, May 13th at 1:00 pm ET and featured a conversation with Dr. Adam Simon, University of Michigan.
The transition away from fossil fuels and toward clean energy will require massive amounts of metals that go into the production of electric vehicles, batteries, induction stoves, wind turbines and solar panels. Do enough of these metals exist to get the job done? Where can they be found and can they be extracted in a sustainable manner that doesn't lay waste to our environment? For answers, we turn this month to Dr. Adam Simon, Professor of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Michigan. His work focuses on the global flow of energy and mineral resources with an emphasis on the geologic availability of energy critical metals. Adam has co-authored two textbooks and published seventy papers in the field of energy and mineral resources.
Playback options and other resources
Watch or download the video recording or pre-call video. Listen to the podcast on PodBean or iTunes. View the Presentation Slides or the transcript.
May's Monthly Actions (click here to download the full sheet)
- Write Congress about the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act
- Work with your liaison to plan a successful June lobby meeting
- Social media bonus action: Help a fellow volunteer follow CCL and post to social media
- Chapter development bonus action: Invite new recruits to attend CCL’s Wednesday Info Session
- Communications exercise: Practice describing the benefits of the Energy Innovation Act