Republican CCLer Testifies To Senate

Average Rating:

In July 2019, a Senate climate committee invited several Republicans to a hearing to share their thoughts on climate change. One of those Republicans was CCL volunteer Nick Huey.

Watch and share clips of Nick’s powerful testimony on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

If you’d like to watch Nick’s entire statement, find it below. This may also be a useful outreach tool or something you’d like to include in presentations, so feel free to use it however you see fit. 

Posted by Flannery Winchester on Aug 7, 2019 1:19 PM America/Los_Angeles

Comments

Interesting testimony he is giving to Democrats: He is speaking to the Senate Democrats' Special Committee on the Climate Crisis. Has he also asked Republican legislators to join the Far Middle for radical collaboration? I'll check him out online. 

• Posted Mon 14 Oct 2019 10:28 AM PDT
Hi Anna! He was invited by this Democratic committee to speak. I'm sure if invited by Republicans, he would be happy to share a similar message. As a CCL volunteer, Nick does lobby legislators who represent him, regardless of party.
  • Posted Mon 14 Oct 2019 11:00 AM PDT
  • |
What Committee is he testify in front of?
  • Posted Fri 13 Sep 2019 06:03 AM PDT
Thank you Sister Jean Strawbridge ESM‍ - The Senate Democrats' Special Committee on the Climate Crisis:  https://www.democrats.senate.gov/climate
  • Posted Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:19 PM PDT
  • |
Thank you, Flannery, for posting Huey's emotional, powerful and constructive testimony. 
  • Posted Thu 05 Sep 2019 07:43 PM PDT
Mr Huey notes early in his comments that "it was so nice to find a place where we can talk about gays and guns without judgment".  I will note in return that, first, his statement presupposes that gay people are not eligible to be part of his Radical Middle (as objects, we are something to be talked about, not with), and, second, that using CCL meetings to freely share opinions about "gays" contradicts our Value of Focus (see the first entry of the page https://citizensclimatelobby.org/about-ccl/values/).  

I would not recommend showing this video to somebody from the LGBT community if I wanted them to feel comfortable coming to a CCL meeting.  
  • Posted Mon 12 Aug 2019 08:16 AM PDT
Thank you Geoffrey Smith‍ for sharing your important comment and experience - I've made sure to forward your observation to CCL's program leadership!
  • Posted Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:20 PM PDT
  • |
So powerful.  The Far Middle.  I'm in.
  • Posted Sat 10 Aug 2019 04:26 PM PDT
Nick, I thank you for your passion and concern. The tension and stress created by this era of partisanship is difficult no matter the political affiliation.    Larry P
  • Posted Wed 07 Aug 2019 07:18 PM PDT

Share this

Share:

Recent Posts

November Lobby Day is about to begin! If you would like to share the conference experience with those unable to make it to D.C., the main Regency Ballroom workshops and training sessions will be live streamed on your  CCL Community dashboard  on Monday, November 11th, from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. Our panel  “Discussion with Partners Across the Advocacy ... more
Posted by Brett Cease on Community Bulletin Nov 10, 2019 8:13 PM PST
WASHINGTON, D.C., NOV. 7, 2019  — The newly formed  Senate Climate Solutions Caucus  announced its membership this week. Joining the caucus co-founders Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN) and Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) are:  Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO) Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) Sen. Angus King (I-ME) Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) Sen. ... more
Posted by Brett Cease on Community Bulletin Nov 7, 2019 12:54 PM PST
WASHINGTON, D.C., NOV. 6, 2019  — A group of five economists from Columbia University’s Center on Global Energy Policy has published “ An Assessment of the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act .” This study offers an up-to-date, independent assessment of the Energy Innovation Act’s impacts on emissions, air pollution, and Americans’ ... more
Posted by Brett Cease on Community Bulletin Nov 6, 2019 12:03 PM PST
What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week. New Features  Improved usability on mobile On mobile devices the " My Bookmarks " is now a menu-level option. This improvement allows the mobile layout to ... more
Posted by Brett Cease on Community Bulletin Nov 4, 2019 3:13 PM PST