Stephanie Doyle Going To The Nature Conservancy

Average Rating:

7b149790609156e99032358ecfd7b2fd-huge-stWe are both sad and proud to announce that Stephanie Doyle, CCL’s Director of National Outreach and Partnership, is moving on to a different role in mitigating climate change with another prominent environmental group, The Nature Conservancy (TNC), as a climate associate. It’s bittersweet that she is leaving staff at CCL, but we’re happy that Stephanie is moving on to an organization as well established as TNC, and it speaks to the caliber of people CCL cultivates. 

Stephanie joined  CCL six years ago, starting as an intern in San Diego and then assistant to CCL’s founder Marshall Saunders. She then entered a graduate program at Johns Hopkins in Washington, D.C., and joined  CCL’s government affairs team, where she led outreach and created meaningful partnerships with notable D.C. environmental groups and NGOs.  

CCL will, of course, not be abandoning our national efforts to create and strengthen external relationships. Taylor Krause will be taking on Stephanie’s role, especially that of guiding volunteers through the process of seeking endorsements and partnerships. You can reach her at taylor.krause@citizensclimatelobby.org.

Posted by Steve Valk on Aug 27, 2019 3:02 PM America/Los_Angeles

Comments

Terrific move, Stephanie!  We will all miss you.  At the same time it's kind of neat to realize we've got inveterate CCLers embedded in other influential climate related organizations.  Goodonya, and all the best!
  • Posted Sat 31 Aug 2019 12:16 PM PDT
Stephanie Doyle, all of us in the Environmental Justice Action Team's steering committee thank you for your commitment, support, and leadership over the years. We're grateful that you took the time and effort to cultivate relationships with the leaders of progressive organizations, and also thankful that you spent the energy educating CCL volunteers and staff about environmental justice. We will miss you and we know that you'll be spectacular in your next adventure. The Nature Conservancy is lucky to have you.

With gratitude,

Debbie, Lisa, Jim, Cliff, Kimi, Marti, and David  

• Posted Sat 31 Aug 2019 05:34 AM PDT
Congratulations Stephanie! The TNC is an important partner for climate solutions.
  • Posted Thu 29 Aug 2019 10:48 PM PDT
Congratulations Stephanie!  You are moving from one fantastic organization to another  fantastic organization.  We wish you well.  

• Posted Thu 29 Aug 2019 10:28 PM PDT
Congrats, Stephanie! We'll miss you! I am very grateful for what you've taught us about how to forge strong relationships with organizations that share our goals but may have different approaches. We'll do our best to remember those lessons when you're not here.
  • Posted Thu 29 Aug 2019 08:02 AM PDT
What a great opportunity.  And what a mixed set of emotions. A loss for us, certainly it will be hard to replace what Stephanie has done for us networking with a complex array of organizations.  But Stephanie has helped mentor others - and we are in a good place. And a great opportunity for Stephanie.
Over the two years that I have been on staff, I have gained a new appreciation for the complexity of the work she has done for CCL as we continue to hold a centrist, non-partisan position in a world that often tips toward partisan rhetoric and emotions. 
With deep respect - go tackle the world Stephanie.
  • Posted Thu 29 Aug 2019 06:18 AM PDT
Stephanie,
So nice to work with you over the years -- so happy and sad to have you go.  The more I do this work, the more I realize we need all solutions from all groups.  It's nice to be able to spread the wealth around.  I'll miss you, but am happy for your exciting adventures ahead.
  • Posted Wed 28 Aug 2019 02:24 PM PDT
Congratulations Stephanie on your new position.   You have accomplished a lot at CCL and I know you will do the same at TNC.  We will all of course miss you tremendously at CCL.  
P.S. How's your dog?
  • Posted Wed 28 Aug 2019 02:07 PM PDT
Congrats Stephanie!  You were a big asset to CCL, and you'll do great at The Nature Conservancy. 

Sundance
  • Posted Wed 28 Aug 2019 01:31 PM PDT
Stephanie is a rock star in my view.  Celebrating her move to take her skills and experience to push for climate action ASAP.  
  • Posted Wed 28 Aug 2019 11:12 AM PDT

Share this

Share:

Recent Posts

Recently, the House Energy and Commerce Committee requested CCL’s view on certain climate policy questions. Specifically, the committee wanted to know what considerations should inform a comprehensive climate policy, how such a policy might be designed, any advice on economic sectors that may be particularly difficult to decarbonize, and more. ... more
Posted by Flannery Winchester on Community Bulletin Sep 18, 2019 1:44 PM PDT
Two Senators are stepping up to the plate on climate change in a major way. Sen.  Chris Coons , a Democrat from Delaware, and Sen. Mike Braun, a Republican from Indiana, are creating a bipartisan climate caucus in the Senate. The news broke Thursday with  this story  from Abby Smith in the Washington Examiner. Smith writes that this “bipartisan duo are ... more
Posted by Flannery Winchester on Community Bulletin Sep 13, 2019 12:44 PM PDT
Endorsements for the Energy Innovation Act help members of Congress see the strong support in their districts for this legislation. As of Sept. 10, there are more than 1,000 endorsements for H.R.763 from prominent community leaders posted to the Energy Innovation Act website . This includes 300 from prominent individuals, 415 from businesses, and ... more
Posted by Steve Valk on Community Bulletin Sep 11, 2019 1:37 PM PDT
What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week. New Features  No new features in this release. Bug Fixes No bug fixes in this release. New & Updated Content Training: Guide to Communicating Carbon Pricing ... more
Posted by Brett Cease on Community Bulletin Sep 11, 2019 1:37 PM PDT