November Actions & Speaker - Dr. Andy Hoffman, University Of Michigan

Average Rating:

2af39f8f5c9bd68858a65b1011e9203f-huge-anEach month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker.

In November, our speaker will be Dr. Andy Hoffman, University of Michigan and we will meet: Saturday, November 9th, at 1:00 pm ET / 10:00 am PT

Solving climate change — and saving civilization as we know it — will require a major systemic shift in our culture. Andrew Hoffman maintains that we are in a societal moment akin to a new era of enlightenment. He joins us to talk about the system-level changes to our thinking needed in the anthropocene and the role of business in the great rethinking of our economy. Hoffman is the Holcim (US) Professor of Sustainable Enterprise at the University of Michigan. He has published 16 books, including How Culture Shapes the Climate Change Debate and Re-engaging with Sustainability in the Anthropocene Era: An Institutional Approach.

Playback options for meetings:

Watch or download the video recording. Or listen to the podcast on PodBean or iTunes.

November's Monthly Actions (click here to download the full sheet)

1. Create Facebook Fundraisers to amplify our Year-end Appeal!
  2. Use the updated Personal Carbon Dividend Calculator to compute your carbon dividend
  3. Bonus action: See and share November Lobby Day on social media
  4. Communication exercise: Practice saying people could support your CCL work by donating (see action sheet)
Posted by Brett Cease on Nov 1, 2019 4:17 AM America/Los_Angeles

Comments

Does anyone have a link to the Brookings Institute study that Dr Hoffman mentioned.?

• Posted Tue 19 Nov 2019 04:16 PM PST
  • Posted Tue 19 Nov 2019 06:00 PM PST
  • |
Where can I find a copy of the volunteer video of the middle school teacher that was shared during this monthly call? I'm giving a presentation to a group of teachers tomorrow morning, and I would love to be able to share it with them. Thanks! 
  • Posted Fri 15 Nov 2019 06:33 PM PST
Brett,
Thank you for the link and for the quick response! When I posted my question late on a Friday night, I did not really expect to get a response in time for the Saturday morning presentation. You rock!!
  • Posted Sat 16 Nov 2019 01:47 AM PST
  • |
Thanks Aimee! For now - just use the direct short link to that portion of the monthly call:  https://youtu.be/IlRGU0TvPSA?t=1614 All of the videos are going to be release one at a time in the month ahead on CCL's social media streams and will be announced featured on CCL Community as they are unveiled. 
  • Posted Fri 15 Nov 2019 07:11 PM PST
  • |

Share this

Share:

Recent Posts

What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week. New Features  Role Badges  have debuted on individual profile pages in a new block located underneath one's profile page underneath your photo on the ... more
Posted by Brett Cease on Community Bulletin Dec 4, 2019 3:12 PM PST
On February 3 and 4, Citizens’ Climate Lobby will host a Conservative Lobby Day in Washington, D.C. This event is designed for conservatives—people who are politically right-of-center—to discuss climate action with members of Congress. This will further our relationships with Republicans on the Hill and assure them that concerns about climate ... more
Posted by Flannery Winchester on Community Bulletin Nov 27, 2019 10:53 AM PST
Adam Rosenbalm  and  Austin Ramsey  study at East Tennessee State University (ETSU.) Both raised in Conservative families in the South, they arrived on campus at a time when American citizens were more politically polarized than ever.  After the 2016 election it seemed the country was more polarized than ever. Conversations quickly became ... more
Posted by Brett Cease on Community Bulletin Nov 25, 2019 12:04 PM PST
What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week. New Features  New Volunteer Dashboard Block ​​​​ For new CCL Volunteers (defined as either having joined within the past 60 days or having logged into CCL ... more
Posted by Brett Cease on Community Bulletin Nov 19, 2019 9:07 AM PST