About the job
Details to apply on LinkedIn:
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Center for Planning Excellence (CPEX) is a unique non-profit planning organization that provides planning and policy services, drives cross-agency and collaborative statewide planning initiatives and guides urban, rural, and regional planning implementation in Louisiana. CPEX brings together community members and leaders from across the state and provides guidance as they work toward a shared vision for future smart growth and sustainable development. CPEX continues to be on the cutting edge of climate, resilience, and healthy community design in Louisiana.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The PowerUP Project Manager will be responsible for managing the details and execution of a multi-pronged effort to drive clean energy discussions and policies in Louisiana, as well as providing project management leadership and training to other staff at CPEX. The role will require a background in managing complex, large scale projects with multiple funding streams and establishing a comprehensive framework for how a wide set of CPEX team members and partners stay aligned to drive progress on an ambitious initiative and beyond.
PowerUp Louisiana is a platform where government officials, state legislators, experts and stakeholders, nonprofit organizations, and coalitions come together to advance discussions on clean energy opportunities for Louisiana through policy and decision making. PowerUp is dedicated to advancing a vision for creating a livable, thriving, and prosperous state through clean renewable energy - offshore wind and solar in particular. Renewable energy stands out as one of the most affordable technologies in the energy market, and presents an immediate opportunity for revenue generation, job creation, and economic growth.
- Manage implementation details of the entire PowerUp initiative, overseeing all aspects from inception to completion.
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to onboard them to the project and leverage their unique expertise.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive project management frameworks, including timelines, task management, budget tracking, and resource allocation.
- Ensure the project adheres to regulatory requirements and compliance standards.
- Provide expert guidance to team members, fostering a culture of excellence, accountability, and results-driven performance.
- Assist with grant reporting to relevant funders.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven track record in managing complex, large scale projects, preferably within the private sector or government.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail and a focus on delivering high-quality outcomes.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities, enabling effective collaboration with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Advanced certification in project management is a plus.
- Location: This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits in a flexible in-office work environment located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The successful candidate will be expected to regularly attend CPEX events and meetings in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and around Louisiana, including some evening and weekend events when necessary.
- Salary: Salary range is $80,000 - $115,000 and will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s level of experience.
- Application Requirements: Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to Spring Gaines at email@example.com with the subject line “PowerUP LA Project Manager”. Qualified candidates will be invited for virtual or in-person interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT CPEX
CPEX is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion and we aspire to do so intentionally, in every aspect of our work. We recognize that sustainable prosperity and community resilience cannot be realized in the absence of equity and inclusion for all Louisiana residents, and we strive to lift all voices in our efforts to ensure that all Louisianans are included in the decisions that impact their communities, region, and state. CPEX is committed to integrating DEI into the fabric of our organization and our work, from our internal culture to how we partner with communities, to how we use our resources, and we are continually seeking ways to expand our impact and improve our performance on these measures. A successful candidate will be equally committed to these goals and values.
Posted on Nov 8, 2023.
Select a question below