Just how powerful and influential is grassroots advocacy? Our guest this month, Sam Daley-Harris, will share examples of organized citizen lobbying that had a major impact on national policies and priorities. Sam is the founder and CEO of Civic Courage, a non-profit that coaches organizations to improve the effectiveness of their advocacy work. In 1980, he founded RESULTS, an organization working to end hunger and poverty, which later became the model for Citizens' Climate Lobby. Sam is also the author of Reclaiming Our Democracy: Healing the Break Between People and Government.
Playback options for meetings:Watch or download the video recording. Or listen to the podcast on PodBean or iTunes.
August's Monthly Actions (click here to download the full sheet)
- Bringing Community Leaders to Lobby Meetings
- Connect with a local chapter of a national organization
- Communication Exercise: Starting a relationship with a local organization (see action sheet)
Two Ways to Join
- To connect by video conference, go to http://cclusa.org/meeting
Note: To improve audio/video quality, close all applications and other browser windows
Note: Read this Zoom doc to see how to turn on closed captions and adjust the font size
- To connect by phone: If you have unlimited calling, please call 1-646-558-8656; otherwise you can call toll-free at 1-877-369-0926. Enter 2017-2017-17 as the meeting ID.
If you have problems connecting, please contact Zoom’s 24/7 support at 888-799-9666.
Login to RSVP for this event