Our Mission: To support CCL chapter members located in Coastal Districts and districts which include large rivers and lakes.
Our Core Belief: Members of Congress are obliged to help solve the problems which Climate Change is causing in their districts. By providing information about Carbon Pricing and Nature-base Solutions we intend to stabilize the climate through legislation which will reduce carbon emissions and enhance carbon sequestration.
So welcome to the Coastal Impacts Action Team Our purview is all 119 US coastal congressional districts. This is approximately 186+ CCL chapters. Every coastal district in Alaska, Hawaii, West Coast, the Atlantic seaboard and the Gulf Coast. Share your experiences and resources with other chapters, build a data base of useful tools, learn new techniques for Grasstops outreach -- all here at CI-AT.
Our Monthly Call is on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 PM ET, 5 PM PT
This links to documents and resources we have developed or found: Google Drive CI-AT Public Folder link including Coastal States and Coastal Impacts folders
Thomas Wells is the Action Team Leader. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
These documents are being updated to reflect the 117th congress: SLR-House is a workbook on house representatives. The SLR-Summary file explains the CI-AT concept.
For articles and websites of interest, click the links below:
Resources Authored by CCL members, Guest Speakers, National Call Presenters, etc
- Comments on the Back-Bay FL Study about Surge Walls.. John Van Leer, Author
- Coastal Impacts Action Team Google Drive For Photos
- CI-AT Coastal Impacts List
- Drop in Slides: We Can Stabilize Sea Level Rise by J. Van Leer
- NC Blue Green Algae Essay by Nita Coleman
- Google Drive CI-AT Public Folder link including Coastal States and Coastal Impacts folders
- NY Times Article on Florida Keys
- NY Times Climate Change Acceleration
- NY Times Climate Change Resilience Education
- Tides & Currents NOAA Resource 2020 Outlook
- NOAA tool allowing detail custom flooding maps
- NOAA mapping tool to visualize community-level impacts from coastal flooding
- Why the Thwaites Glacier is Melting
- Climate Change and the National Defense Authorization Act
- NYT Florida Home Sales affected by SLR worries