Our Mission: To encourage Members of Congress in coastal districts to cosponsor the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act.
Our Core Belief : Your MoC has more power banding together with other MOCs, than alone. Coastal Impacts Action Team (CI-AT) provides member supplied information and other resources which highlight coastal impacts that are found in many MoC districts.
So welcome to the Coastal Impacts Action Team Our purview is all 119 US coastal coastal congressional districts. This is approximately 186+ CCL chapters. Every coastal district in Alaska, Hawaii, West Coast, the Atlantic seaboard and the Gulf Coast. Share your experiences and resources with other chapters, build a data base of useful tools, learn new techniques for Grass Tops outreach -- all here at CI-AT.
Our Monthly Call is the first Tuesday after the Second Saturday each month at 8 PM EST. SLR-House has online Workbooks that CI-AT has developed. The SLR-Summary file explains the CI-AT concept. Download the file to read it. Spreadsheets and other documents will be updated to include all coastal states. Thomas Wells is the Action Team Leader
Articles and websites of interest, click the links below:
Resources Authored by CCL members, Guest Speakers, National Call Presenters, etc
- Comments on the Back-Bay FL Study about Surge Walls.. John Van Leer, Author
- Coastal Impacts Action Team Google Drive For Photos
- CI-AT Coastal Impacts List
- Drop in Slides: We Can Stabilize Sea Level Rise by J. Van Leer
- NC Blue Green Algae Essay by Nita Coleman
- Google Drive CI-AT Public Folder link including Coastal States and Coastal Impacts folders
- NY Times Article on Florida Keys
- NY Times Climate Change Acceleration
- NY Times Climate Change Resilience Education
- Tides & Currents NOAA Resource 2020 Outlook
- NOAA tool allowing detail custom flooding maps
- NOAA mapping tool to visualize community-level impacts from coastal flooding
- Why the Thwaites Glacier is Melting
- Climate Change and the National Defense Authorization Act