Post Your Snowman Protest Photo On Instagram – Win $500
How to enter
- Build a snowman (or snowwoman, or snow animal) who is protesting climate change. Make just one snowman, or as many snowmen as you want. Your snowman can hold a sign, or not. If you live in an area with no snow, you can still participate. Your snowman can be made from melted snow or other naturally occurring materials.
- Choose your favorite photo of your #SnowmanProtest, and post it to Instagram. Be sure to use the hashtag #snowmanprotest and tag @citizensclimate. Be sure to post and tag your photo by Sunday, February 23rd at 11:59pm PT to be entered into the contest to win. in order to enter. If you do not have an instagram account, you may email your photo to email@example.com
A panel of judges will select 10 images as finalists. CCL will post each of the five finalist photos from its Instagram account. From the 10 finalist photos, three winners will be selected – to be determined by the largest number of comments during a week long voting period.
- First prize (awarded to the finalist entry with the highest number of comments) = $500 cash prize
- Second prize (awarded to the finalist entry with the second highest number of comments) = $300 cash prize
- Third prize (awarded to the finalist entry with the third highest number of comments) = $200 cash prize
In the event of a tie in terms of number of comments on finalist images, the judging panel will choose the winner. You may vote once per entry by entering a comment. All comments from a single Instagram account on a single entry after the first comment will not be counted as a vote. CCL will alert you via direct message on Instagram if you are selected as a finalist, and if you are selected as the contest winner. If you submitted your contest photo by email, CCL will alert you by replying to the email address with which you submitted the photo to alert you if you are selected as a finalist or as the contest winner.
Winners must provide a physical address, not a P.O. Box at which to redeem the prize. The cash prizes will be gifted in the form of a prepaid Visa gift card(s).
Entries are limited to those ages 13 and over residing in the United States and Canada (residents of Quebec are excluded from entering this contest.)
This contest is sponsored by Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL), which empowers everyday people to work with their community and their members of Congress on climate change solutions. Our supporters cover the political spectrum and work in more than 500 local chapters. Together, we’re building support for a national bipartisan solution to climate change. We’re sponsoring this contest as a fun way for people to help build awareness about a serious topic – the need for climate change solutions. This contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Instagram.
For more details about the contest's rules and regulations visit here.