Upcoming Training For CCL's November 2021 Lobby Days
Looking to gear up for the November 2021 Lobby Days with CCL's trainings? It's as easy as 1-2-3!
- If you haven't taken it before (either online or in-person), CCL expects everyone planning on participating in lobby days to attend our Climate Advocate Training Workshop (2.5 hrs) via either the November 14th session at 1:00 pm ET or watching the recording ahead of time.
Additionally, all 2021 Lobby Day participants are encouraged to attend (RSVP below) both of Dr. Danny Richter's, VP of Government Affairs, essential trainings for lobby day:
- Lobby Training #1: Legislative Plan & Primary Asks (Thurs. Oct. 28th, 8 pm ET) - Danny will provide up to the moment insights on the dynamics in Congress and how we can most effectively use our time in meetings to support our agenda.
- Lobby Training #2: 2021 Supporting Asks & Final Preparations (Thurs. Nov. 4th, 8 pm ET) - Danny will review CCL's primary and supporting asks and guidance for lobby teams as they plan their meetings.
Additional Optional Trainings
Outside of the recommended trainings above, CCL provides additional trainings for volunteers to help prepare for your virtual lobby meeting experiences, both live or on your own time. All live sessions below are optional and to find out more information for any session, click on the corresponding link below to be taken to its event sign-up page (or see the recording if you miss it live). From there you can RSVP to be sent a reminder email the day ahead of time or click through to the self-paced training for each topic.
- Youth Lobby Skills Workshop (for lobbyists under 18) (Oct. 13th, 8 pm ET)*
- Q&A About November Conference & Lobby Days (Oct. 26th, 8 pm ET)*
- Lobbying 201: Practicing Effective Lobbying - Core Volunteer Training (Nov. 2nd, 8 pm ET)*
- Lobbying 401: Review of Leading a Lobby Team (Nov. 11th, 8 pm ET)
- Understanding Congress Basics (Nov. 16th, 8 pm ET)*
More information on CCL's November Conference & Lobby Day activities:firstname.lastname@example.org.