Upcoming Training For CCL's 2022 June Conference And Lobby Meetings
Looking to gear up with CCL's trainings for the CCL's June 2022 Conference and the subsequent Lobby Meetings? It's as easy as 1-2-3!1. If you are planning on joining your local lobby team (more details here for how they're being planned) and haven't taken CCL's Climate Advocate Training (2.5 hrs), sign up here for the next upcoming sessions this spring or watch the recording. If you are attending the June Conference, the Climate Advocate Training will also be provided in person during the Sunday morning sessions.
- Note: for youth in your chapter, there is a specific Youth Lobby Training happening Sun, May 1 from 3-5pm ET, have them sign up here. (more information)
2. Lobby Training #1: Legislative Plan (Thurs. May 19th, 8 pm ET) - Danny will provide up to the moment insights on the dynamics in Congress and how we can most effectively use our time in meetings to support our agenda.
3. Lobby Training #2: Primary & Supporting Asks (Thurs. May 26th, 8 pm ET) - Danny will review CCL's primary and supporting asks and guidance for lobby teams as they plan their meetings.
Additional Optional Trainings
Outside of the recommended trainings above, CCL provides additional trainings for volunteers to help prepare for your virtual lobby meeting experiences, both live or on your own time. All live sessions below are optional and held at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. To find out more information for any session, click on the corresponding link below to be taken to its event sign-up page (or see the recording if you miss it live). From there you can RSVP to be sent a reminder email the day ahead of time or click through to the self-paced training for each topic.
- Understanding Congress Basics (Tues., May 3rd)
- Lobbying 101: The Transformative Power of Citizen Advocacy (Thurs., May 12th)
- Lobbying 201: Practicing Effective Lobbying (Tues., May 17th)
- Q&A About June Conference & Lobby Days (Tues., May 24th)
- Lobbying 401: Review of Leading a Lobby Team (Thurs., June 2nd)
- Economics of Carbon Fee & Dividend Policies (Tues., June 7th)
We look forward to having you join us for an exciting line-up of trainings to help us all prepare for the upcoming June conference and lobby days. Questions? Email CCL's Education & Engagement Director Brett Cease firstname.lastname@example.org.