Weekly Briefing: Register For CCL’s Virtual December Conference!
CCL’s December virtual conference is right around the corner, and we’re going bigger and bolder in the fight for a livable planet!
This year, CCL gave one of our biggest pushes yet for climate action, and Congress responded with the historic Inflation Reduction Act. But we’re just getting started.
This virtual conference from Dec. 3-4 will prepare volunteers for our advocacy efforts in 2023. We’ll explore the results of the midterm election, and take a look at what that means for CCL’s policy and outreach strategies going forward.
You’ll also get to hear from a range of speakers, including Executive Director Madeleine Para, Research Coordinator Dana Nuccitelli, Senior Director of Government Affairs Jennifer Tyler, and former U.S. Representative Carlos Curbelo (R-FL). More speakers will be announced soon, so register now and stay tuned for updates.
In other news this week:
- 2022 election toolkit and merch: Early voting has started for midterm elections, so we’re in the final stretch of pushing climate change as an election issue. Fortunately, you’ve still got time to check out CCL’s 2022 election season social media toolkit, as well as election season merchandise, right here.
- Nationwide Voters of Color polling results: Green 2.0, a watchdog organization for inequality in the environmental sector, recently released the results of their poll on nationwide voters of color and their concerns about climate change. You can read the results of that poll here.
- Healthy Living Health Planet: CCL Research Coordinator Dana Nuccitelli recently appeared on an episode of Health Living Healthy Planet Radio. Dana discussed the UN’s 6th climate assessment report. Watch here.
- Volunteer Spotlight: Beth Malow helps people connect across political divides through her volunteer work with CCL and Braver Angels. She recently published a peer-reviewed paper about this powerful work. Read more here.
Take action this weekIf you have a little time: Like and share this meme from CCL
You might be feeling uneasy about climate change. Good thing your democratic rights as a voter can help you slam dunk on climate anxiety. Don’t be a ball hog — like and share this meme from CCL with all your friends.
If you have more time: Ask your representative to cosponsor the GCSA
Some members of Congress have shared that there is an opportunity to get the Growing Climate Solutions Act passed before the end of the year. But they need you to make it happen. Write to your representative today and ask them to cosponsor and pass the GCSA. If they’ve already cosponsored the bill, be sure to thank them.
Find your CCL chapter | Check out our Action Teams | Browse upcoming events
Featured Lever This Week
MN CCLers buy election season billboard
This month, the Fergus Falls, Minnesota, chapter of CCL put up a billboard along the interstate reminding voters that climate change is an election issue. Like and share that awesome billboard below.
SHARE THE BILLBOARD
- 10/27: Empowering Each Other in Our Climate Advocacy — This training will help you learn how to talk to support others who may be feeling anxious about their climate journey. Join us!
- 11/3: Diverse and Equitable Outreach and Onboarding — Join Danielle Whyte, CCL National Chapter Development Intern, for a training that reviews the foundations and building blocks for a CCL chapter culture that is healthy and inclusive. Join us!
Need training on the basics? Catch our next session of Core Volunteer Training, made for newer volunteers:
- 11/1: Economics of Carbon Fee & Dividend Policies — Join Robert Archer for a webinar about the key components behind any carbon fee and dividend policy, including the Energy Innovation Act. Join us!
To see other topics and past trainings, visit the Training Topics page of CCL Community.