November 2022 Monthly Actions & Meeting W/Sam Daley-Harris, Civic Courage Founder
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. November's Monthly Meeting was held on Saturday, November 12th at 1:00 pm ET and featured a conversation with Sam Daley Harris, founder of Civic Courage.
How do you empower citizens to effectively engage with their government to solve big problems? We talk this month to the person who literally wrote the book on this topic, Sam Daley-Harris. He's the founder and CEO of Civic Courage, and he'll share some of the successes he's seen with the organizations he's coached. One of those is Citizens' Climate Lobby. In 1980, Sam founded RESULTS, a grassroots advocacy organization working to end hunger and poverty. He is the author of Reclaiming Our Democracy: Healing the Break Between People and Government, which tells the stories of life-changing moments people had in discovering their power to make a difference. In the aftermath of the midterm elections, Sam will also explore the lessons we can apply to our climate advocacy.
Ways to Watch the Callclick here to download the full sheet)
- Support our year-end fundraiser - first $350K will be matched!
- Use our timely topics to write a post-election LTE
- Write today to urge Congress to pass the RISEE Act!
- Social media bonus action: Register for our December Conference and post about it!
- Chapter development bonus action: Invite someone you know to your chapter meeting
- Communication exercise: Practice explaining how CCL set the stage for the IRA to pass