Video: Ohio Brewer Endorses Energy Innovation Act

Average Rating:
Business Climate Leaders (BCL), a CCL Action Team, has produced a wonderful video in support of the Energy Innovation Act. The video features Andy Tveekrem, brewmaster and co-founder of Market Garden Brewery in Cleveland, OH, explaining how climate change impacts his supply chain and how and why a national price on carbon is critical to business success.

Market Garden Brewery, Cleveland, OHBusiness Climate Leaders (BCL), a CCL Action Team, has produced a wonderful video in support of the Energy Innovation Act. The video features Andy Tveekrem, brewmaster and co-founder of Market Garden Brewery in Cleveland, OH, explaining how climate change impacts his supply chain and how and why a national price on carbon is critical to business success.

This video is a part of BCL's video series called “Business Leaders Make the Case for Carbon Pricing.” It was produced in collaboration with CCL, BCL and the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC).

Posted by Brett Cease on Oct 9, 2019 12:27 PM America/Los_Angeles

Comments

There was a study in Nature Plants ( https://www.nature.com/articles/s41477-018-0263-1 ) that even made a couple of the late night shows. "Climate Change Threatens Beer Production & America’s Projected $1 Trillion Deficit | The Daily Show" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBCHcnvwfzA and "Trump Brags About His 'Natural Instinct For Science'" around 3:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQeylLZNblE

It'd be great to have both large and smaller local breweries come up with solutions to this problem. While making hardier barley that can survive climate change using directed evolution and gene editing may be one solution, hopefully the solutions will focus on the bigger picture and try to help tackle the root problem.
  • Posted Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:01 AM PDT
Thanks Tomokazu for sharing these links and know that the Brewer's Climate Declaration (https://www.businessclimateleaders.org/us-brewers-declaration) is working on just that if you'd like to get more involved!
  • Posted Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:40 AM PDT
  • |
Brett,
This is GREAT (although the audio is low), but why isn't it on the Endorsement web site or on Endorsement Map. I don't see Garden Brewery. Maybe I missed them...
I want to send this video to some fence sitters I have in St Pete and see if I can get them to move to endorse. But I want them to see Garden has endorsed HR763

Bill
  • Posted Wed 09 Oct 2019 03:33 PM PDT
Thanks Bill Marshall‍ for the suggestion - for any of these updates feel free to email endorse@citizensclimate.org for their consideration!
  • Posted Wed 09 Oct 2019 04:31 PM PDT
  • |
I see it. Good, this happened to me with one small, sole owner brewer here. I also see it on the map now, but no mention of the Garden Brewery on the map. I think the team should correct that so the map shows the brewery's name. Otherwise it is much much harder to find.
  • Posted Wed 09 Oct 2019 04:08 PM PDT
  • |
Thanks Bill Marshall‍ for the excellent question - I'm not sure why, but this endorsement is listed under Individuals -search for Andy Tveekrem the owner :) 
  • Posted Wed 09 Oct 2019 03:38 PM PDT
  • |

Share this

Share:

Recent Posts

Updates and Bug Fixes include a major upgrade to the search feature, Group Email updates, and video embed uploads. New and Updated Content include new trainings and resources for Canva Templates, Letterhead, and interactive updates for Core Volunteer Training. more
Posted by Richard Bradley on CCL Community Bulletin Aug 11, 2020 10:47 AM PDT
Dr. Kim Cobb, climate scientist, will be CCL's August Monthly Speaker. August's monthly actions include voter registration outreach and activating your chapter's Monthly Calling Campaigns.  more
Posted by Brett Cease on CCL Community Bulletin Aug 1, 2020 5:27 AM PDT
Citizens’ Climate is excited and grateful to receive a 2020 Keeling Curve Prize in the category of Social & Cultural Pathways. Share the good news on social media:  Facebook , Twitter , or Instagram ! Share the Press Release with your local media. more
Posted by Brett Cease on CCL Community Bulletin Jul 29, 2020 7:59 AM PDT
Updates and Bug Fixes include a Recent Activity Block on your profile page, an improved back button function on forums pages, and improved text editing on mobile.  New and Updated Content include new trainings on Sunny Day Flooding & Climate Advocacy and Voter Participation Outreach. more
Posted by Brett Cease on CCL Community Bulletin Jul 27, 2020 5:50 PM PDT