Citizens’ Climate and COVID-19
CCL Activities in this phase of the Pandemic - May 2021
Things are changing quickly these days related to COVID-19 with more and more people getting vaccinated, cases dropping, state and local authorities changing regulations, the CDC changing it's recommendations, etc. And while we are in a period of transition we also need to remember that half of our population remains unvaccinated, local conditions vary, and hundreds of people are still dying every day from COVID-19.
Our guidance to you for CCL activities:
1. At a minimum, you should always follow local and state regulations and recommendations regarding masks, distancing, gatherings, etc.
2. We trust your judgment to determine what is safe for your local chapter and its activities, given your local conditions and the risks your members are comfortable with. This includes in person meetings, tabling, presentations, etc.
Please keep in mind that not everyone is able to be vaccinated (e.g. people who are immunocompromised or on immune suppressants, children under 12, etc.). People who have unvaccinated household members may also be more cautious given the potential risk to their household. Your health and safety are our number one priority so please be cautious as you begin to resume pre-pandemic activities.
If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Resources for CCL
- COVID-19 Forum - Ask questions. Share ideas and inspiration
- CCL Action Ideas During Social Distancing - Forum discussion
- Writing LTEs During COVID-19 - Useful tips on working with the media during this time
- How To Host Meetings On Zoom -Training Page
- Tech Support Forum - For all questions related to Zoom and other online advocacy