Citizens’ Climate and COVID-19
CCL Activities in this phase of the Pandemic -March 2022
CCL’s COVID policy continues to evolve as the pandemic and availability of a vaccine evolves. Here is our current policy for the U.S. It is based on the current understanding that the vaccines are available in the U.S. and are highly effective against the current varieties of the virus (for example, based on this large United Kingdom study article). It is also based on trusting you to take care of yourself and your communities.
- At a minimum, all CCL activities should follow all federal, state, and local regulations and recommendations regarding masks, distancing, gatherings, etc.
- We encourage you to be vaccinated if you are able to be.
- We leave it up to your judgement to decide what risks you take and what events you personally attend in-person. You are not required or expected as a CCL volunteer to attend any in-person events.
- We leave it up to your group to decide what local in-person events to organize, support or participate in. We encourage you to continue to make virtual opportunities available to your members.
- Events like state and regional conferences that require several months to plan, a significant financial commitment to a venue, or insurance coverage probably should be avoided given the ongoing uncertainties of the pandemic. If your state/region wants to plan an in-person CCL conference please discuss it first with CCL Program Director Don Addu.
- CCL staff will continue to support your virtual and in-person activities in all the ways we have been doing.
If you have any questions please feel free to email CCL's Program Director Don Addu at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Resources for CCL
- COVID-19 Forum - Ask questions. Share ideas and inspiration
- CCL Action Ideas During Social Distancing - Forum discussion
- Writing LTEs During COVID-19 - Useful tips on working with the media during this time
- How To Host Meetings On Zoom -Training Page
- Tech Support Forum - For all questions related to Zoom and other online advocacy