Citizens’ Climate and COVID-19
Citizens’ Climate is working hard to support you, our community of volunteers, as we all face the COVID-19 pandemic and its wide-ranging effects. The health and safety of you, your families, and your communities are very important to us. Thank you for taking care of yourselves and each other through this crisis.
Because volunteer and public safety is a very high priority to us, CCL recommends that we keep all chapter activities virtual until further notice. All CCL activities must, at a minimum, follow all local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines related to the pandemic (the Center for Disease Control is the best federal source of guidance). We understand that conditions around the country vary. We trust local chapters to make decisions about their local activities, while noting that accurate risk assessment amid this pandemic is difficult even for those trained in epidemiology and public health. If you would like help in evaluating risk please contact our COVID Response team Tony Sirna (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Don Addu (email@example.com).
Through all of this, our commitment to solving climate change is undiminished. We know that many of you are able and eager to continue our advocacy work. Below are resources to support you during these uncertain times.
There are many resources on CCL Community developed in a pre-pandemic world that have guidance that may not match with today’s circumstances. We trust you to adjust and adapt our guidance as appropriate for your local situation as we all work together to mitigate the impact of the pandemic.
COVID-19 Resources for CCL
- COVID-19 Forum - Ask questions. Share ideas and inspiration
- COVID-19 Phase Planning For CCL Chapters - Planning and strategy to help guide chapters as the pandemic response progresses
- CCL Action Ideas During Social Distancing - Forum discussion
- Writing LTEs During COVID-19 - Useful tips on working with the media during this time
- How To Host Meetings On Zoom -Training Page
- Tech Support Forum - For all questions related to Zoom and other online advocacy