CCL Community Release - January 15, 2021
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content.
- Top Menu Bar Update. The main top menu bar for CCL Community has been updated to streamline and improve navigation. Main benefits include the menu bar becoming persistent at the top of the view screen (i.e. when scrolling down on any page, the bar remains at the top to help navigation), an expanded offering of CCL's tools at the top menu level, consolidation of the green and white menu banners into one unified menu, and dynamic tracking in the menu bar to feature what section of the website members are visiting (by highlighting in blue). For more information and help, see CCL Community's updated FAQs, including the My Messages and troubleshooting sections.
New & Updated Content
- CCL Online Outreach & Recruiting Ideas - added Jan. 14th
- Social Media Basics - Core Volunteer Training - updated Jan. 12th
- Organizing & Hosting Coworking Parties Online (Zoom) - added Jan. 7th
- Engaging With CCL Community - Core Volunteer Training - updated Jan. 5th
By Charles Gabrys , Team O.I.L. Co-Lead A key effort driven by Team O.I.L. (Oil Industry Liaisons) is to liaise with the oil and gas industry, a major stakeholder in the climate change debate, in order to explain CCL's preferred policy and see how it fits with companies' business strategies. Team O.I.L. seeks to understand the industry’s position on ... more
How the Peer-Reviewed Literature Projects a Stronger Economy, More Good Jobs, Better Health, Benefits to the Poor, and Stabilizing Climate Risk By Jerry Hinkle , CCL Research Coordinator Citizens' Climate Lobby asserts that a Carbon Fee and Dividend (CFD) policy is “good for the economy and good for people,” but for some that assertion is not ... more
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. For February's monthly meeting, on Saturday, Feb. 13th, at 1:00 pm ET, we'll hear from Diane Randall, Friends ... more
Climate change is high on the agenda of our new President and could be moving forward this year, perhaps during the summer. Let’s get ready with a focus on boosting your chapter’s capacity for action by stepping up our Grassroots Outreach , especially leading up to April's Earth Day events. To gear up with your local chapter, select and plan one or more ... more