Upcoming Training For CCL's 2023 June Conference And Lobby Day!
Looking to gear up with CCL's trainings for the CCL's June 2023 Conference and the subsequent Lobby Meetings? It's as easy as 1-2-3!1. All 2023 Lobby Day participants are encouraged to attend (RSVP below) both of the following trainings.
Led by CCL's Vice President for Government Affairs Ben Pendergrass and Senior Director of Government Affairs Jennifer Tyler. Click the links below to RSVP and sign up for a day-of reminder or add to your own calendar by clicking on “add to calendar” at the bottom of the event information. Note that political dynamics are unpredictable and can lead to changes between the trainings and your lobby meeting:
- Lobby Training #1: Primary & Supporting Asks (Thurs. May 18th, 8 pm ET)
- Lobby Training #2: Legislative Plan (Monday, May 22nd, 8 pm ET)
Additional Optional Trainings
3. Outside of the recommended trainings above, CCL provides additional trainings for volunteers to help prepare for your virtual lobby meeting experiences, both live or on your own time. All live sessions below are optional and held at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. To find out more information for any session, click on the corresponding link below to be taken to its event sign-up page (or see the recording if you miss it live). From there you can RSVP to be sent a reminder email the day ahead of time or click through to the self-paced training for each topic.
If you've never been to a conference in person before and have questions about what to expect, be sure to attend the live Tues., May 23rd training on June Conference Lobby Days Q&A.
The National Youth Action Team is also holding a Youth Lobby Training -- for youth by youth -- on Sunday May 21 from 4-6pm ET/ 1-3pm PT. Register before May 19 by filling out this form. The training is open to middle and high school students who want to learn the skills of lobbying.
- Lobbying Basics: Planning and Practicing Your Meeting (Tues., May 2nd)
- Economics of Carbon Fee & Dividend Policies (Tues., May 9th)
- Lobbying Basics: Transformative Power of Citizen Advocacy (Thurs., May 25th)
- Lobbying Training: Review of Leading a Lobby Team (Thurs., June 1st)
We look forward to having you join us for an exciting line-up of trainings to help us all prepare for the upcoming June conference and lobby days. Questions? Email CCL's Vice President of Programs Brett Cease firstname.lastname@example.org.