Latest Posts

• Volunteer Spotlight Interview: Jean Larson, Evergreen Donor
    Volunteer Spotlight Interview: Jean Larson, Evergreen Donor
    By Topher Anderson and Gianna Sollitto Donors who give on a monthly basis make a huge impact by providing Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) with a steady stream of revenue year-round. This ongoing support allows CCL to meet the moment in our ever-changing political climate and take advantage of emerging opportunities for our grassroots advocacy work. We ... more
  • Hope for the best, prepare for the worst
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst
    My brother's question caught me by surprise. "So what’s your plan if you get COVID?" he asked me. "And what's Mom's" Oh! Right. My mom added a couple more pesky questions a few days later. "Where are your durable power of attorney and advance health directive documents stored, Lynate?" I didn't even have those documents created. I was busted! Their ... more
  • Lessons Learned From A Lifetime Of Travel - Ashley Skoch
    Lessons Learned From A Lifetime Of Travel - Ashley Skoch
    Travel has always been important to me. So in 2017, I quit my job to travel the world. I spent most of that year exploring Colombia, but also ended up in Thailand, Canada and Mexico. Much of my time was spent working on organic farms, rock climbing and eating street treats. I tried scuba diving, deep water soloing and surfing. I helped build an adobe house in ... more
  • Building A Climate Legacy - Greyson Morrow
    Building A Climate Legacy - Greyson Morrow
    Greyson Morrow is a volunteer, legacy donor, and longtime supporter of Citizens’ Climate. As a single guy who lives modestly in a comfortable home he purchased for $5,500, and whose most expensive passion is his bicycle, he says, “I decided the most satisfying thing I could do with my saved money was fund the Citizens’ Climate effort.” In his life, ... more
  • Eliana Berlfein’s Legacy
    Eliana Berlfein’s Legacy
    By Lynate Pettengill My friend and Citizens’ Climate Lobby volunteer extraordinaire Eliana Berlfein loved to tube down Boulder Creek just as much as I do: as in, A LOT. Eliana preferred slow, gentle floats, whereas I liked a little more speed and adventure. Our last float together in August 2018 was perfect by Eliana’s standards – somewhere between ... more
  • CCL Board Member Mary Selkirk: Where Passion Meets Purpose
    CCL Board Member Mary Selkirk: Where Passion Meets Purpose
    Mary Selkirk is a CCL Governing Board member, serving as Chair of the Nominating Committee, and a Legacy Club Donor. Mary has worked on health rights in Central America for 15 years, helping to form an organization to raise money for medical supplies for parts of rural El Salvador during a civil war in the 1980s. She later became an elected official, doing ... more

CCL Community Bulletin

•  

The latest news and updates about CCL, your work, and CCL Community.

More ways to stay informed