October Monthly Meeting & Actions W/ Dr. Ray Ward, Utah State Representative
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. October's Monthly Meeting took place on Saturday, Oct. 9th and featured a conversation with Dr. Ray Ward, Utah State Representative.
Is carbon fee and dividend really the policy that can bridge the divide between Republicans and Democrats? On this month's call we'll talk to Dr. Ray Ward, a Republican state representative in Utah, about why he likes the policy. When he's not working in the legislature, Ward is a family physician in Bountiful, Utah. Earlier this year, he signed on to an op-ed in the Deseret News with two dozen other Utah Republicans endorsing carbon fee and dividend.
Playback options for meetings:
October's Monthly Actions (click here to download the full sheet)
Actions for your online chapter gathering
- Register for our November conference & get ready to lobby
- Generate positive press about carbon pricing
- Social media bonus action: Like, retweet and share CCL’s carbon pricing-related posts
- Social media bonus action: Be the first to tweet President Biden’s Correspondence Office
- Communication exercise: Practice a simple explanation of the budget process