May Monthly Actions & Meeting W/ Jad Daley And Joel Pannell, American Forests
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. May's Monthly Meeting took place on Saturday, May 14th at 1:00 pm ET and featured a conversation with Jad Daley and Joel Pannell, American Forests.
Increasing the number of trees is an effective means to store carbon that also has bipartisan support. But the preservation and planting of trees isn't just a way to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. It's also a way to foster environmental justice by improving the quality of life in urban areas where people of color are often marginalized. Joining our national call this month from American Forests are Jad Daley, President and CEO, and Joel Pannell, Vice President of Urban Forestry. They'll discuss American Forests' work with tree cover in American cities, which is often determined by income and race, and the work their organization is doing to restore forest health across the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
Playback options and other resources
May's Monthly Actions (click here to download the full sheet)
Actions for your chapter's gathering
- Help people go to D.C. in June. And plan your lobbying
- Plan summertime campaign season and grassroots activities (see worksheet)
- Social media bonus action: Share CCL’s climate posts on your social media
- Communication exercise: Practice welcoming a newcomer to your chapter meeting (see action sheet)
- Worksheet for Leveraging Candidate Town Halls