Community Release - November 18, 2019
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week.
- New Volunteer Dashboard Block
- For new CCL Volunteers (defined as either having joined within the past 60 days or having logged into CCL Community less than five times), a new block has been added at the top of the Dashboard that displays a link to the new volunteer page - helping highlight some of the initial steps to take in becoming active as a volunteer.
- Messages sent from the Event Admin -> Messaging option will now have the Name of the Event Owner included as the From Field (e.g. John Doe via CCL Community) for the email sent.
- The View Event page now displays the Event Name in the browser tab.
- Selecting "Now" from the "When to Send" dropdown in the Event Admin -> Messaging option disables the "Before/After Event Start Date" options, as they are not necessary.
New & Updated Content
- Columbia University's Assessment of the Energy Innovation Act- added Nov. 6th
- Conference Presentations & Videos (from 2019 November Lobby Day) - updated Nov. 11th
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. April's monthly meeting will feature Nathaniel Stinnett, executive director of the Environmental Voter Project. Step one to generate political will for climate solutions is to get people who care ... more
Through April, CCL’s regional coordinators are holding virtual office hours on Zoom. Join other volunteers for the chance to build community, find support and come together to connect with others in your region. Got a question or something you’d like to discuss with the RC in your region? Check the list below for the times and Zoom link where you can drop ... more
In early February, a reporter and camera crew from VICE News covered CCL’s Conservative Climate Lobby Day. Their report was posted online this week, and it prominently features CCL’s conservative volunteers and our advocacy for carbon pricing. They represent a growing number of conservatives who worry that the Republican party is losing ground on ... more
In the face of COVID-19, it no longer seems possible nor prudent to plan for our usual in-person conference and lobby day in June. Instead, we will hold a virtual event, so that our climate change work can continue online. We’re still working out the details and will share them soon. Keep an eye on our event page for updates. If you registered for the ... more