Community Release - January 13, 2020
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week.
- CCL Stats. In honor of the new year, the CCL Stats tool page now includes additional statistics for CCL volunteers, including all field report actions (lobby meetings, media pieces, outreach events, and contact with members of Congress) displayed as toggle options for the past year, the current year-to-date and the past 365 days.
- Filters. There are now two types of filters available for group's file pages. To access them go to your group's file page and select:
- Filter by File Type. This allows you to filter the block to only show the file type selected in the dropdown.
- Filter By Field. This allows you to filter the block to only display files fitting the value of the File Field.
- Event invite emails now include the event description in the email.
- Flag Events. Events can now be flagged as objectionable. To flag an event for CCL Community admin to respond to, click the dropdown on the event card then choose ‘Flag’ and write in the reason the event is objectionable.
- Messaging. All messaging screens have received a significant visual upgrade.
- Time Zones. Resolved an issue where file upload times were displayed in CDT or CST instead of the site’s timezone.
- Event Notifications. Resolved an issue where notifications were not sent properly when Enable Notifications on User Join is checked for an event category.
- Special Characters in Forum Topic Subjects and Block Titles now display correctly.
New & Updated Content
- Hosting a CCL House Party - added Dec. 5th
- Extended Q&A with Dr. Hoffman - added to Monthly Speakers page Dec. 12th
- Outreach to Faith Communities - updated Dec. 19th
- Monthly Calling Campaign - updated Jan. 9th
- Donate Online - added Dec. 6th
- Volunteer Inventory Form - added Dec. 20th
- Additional Languages - added Dec. 29th
- Thank You Cards - updated Dec. 20th
- CCL Introductory Presentation - updated Jan. 5th (including 2019 numbers)
- CCL Slides Template - added Jan. 7th
- Infographic - updated Jan. 8th (to include Columbia Assessment estimates)
- Dividend Check - added Jan. 8th
- Monthly Calling Campaign 1/4 Sheet Flyers - added Jan. 9th
- Editorial Packets - updated Jan. 13th
In the face of COVID-19, it no longer seems possible nor prudent to plan for our usual in-person conference and lobby day in June. Instead, we will hold a virtual event, so that our climate change work can continue online. We’re still working out the details and will share them soon. Keep an eye on our event page for updates. If you registered for the ... more
Through April, CCL’s regional coordinators are holding virtual office hours on Zoom. Join other volunteers for the chance to build community, find support and come together to connect with others in your region. Got a question or something you’d like to discuss with the RC in your region? Check the list below for the times and Zoom link where you can drop ... more
In the spirit of building closer connections virtually, each Friday ( starting this week ) a different CCL staff person will get on Zoom for a brown bag lunch, tea time, coffee break, or happy hour to meet our volunteers. Participants can meet each other, get to know the staffer better, and ask questions about their area of work. Bring your own ... more
What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week. New Features Unsubscribe Settings clarified. To help CCL volunteers see if they've been unsubscribed to all CCL Community notifications and emails a new ... more