CCL Community Release - November 2, 2020
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content.
- Action Tracker. CCL Community updated its field reporting system to the new Action Tracker Tool, an online application that will log and display the actions CCL supporters are taking every day to build political will for climate action. For more information and to explore common FAQs, check out the Using the Action Tracker training page and you can find the tracker directly from your Dashboard page in the upper left corner.
- Featured Recent Discussions. The Dashboard's Featured Discussion block, below the CCL Community Bulletin, has been updated to feature a more dynamic design that displays the most recent posts in forums that may interest you based on the interests you marked on your Account's "My Interests" tab.
- Event Invitee RSVPs. The Event block has been updated to feature a new design, displaying the event owner more prominently in the RSVP area to help attendees know who to contact with questions as well as providing a more compact display of the attendee categories and the ability for attendees to invite other CCL Community members to the event.
- Tours. Members can now return to revisit a CCL Community Tour module they've visited before as many times as they would like, improving the onboarding experience for all CCL volunteers interested in learning how to use and navigate CCL Community.
- Time Zone. The Time Zone displayed for group events now displays at the group level, to make sure that individual CCL Community members that haven't updated their preferred timezone in their account, still see the event in the local time zone.
- Account Signature. The "My Account" screen has been cleaned up to provide additional clarity and to remove the Signature field.
New & Updated Content
- Phone Banking with Environmental Voter Project - added October 29th
- Understanding Congress Basics - updated October 27th
- How to Give Motivational Climate Presentations - added October 22nd
- Health Impacts of Climate Change & Burning Fossil Fuels - updated October 20th
- CCL Media Basics - updated October 20th
- Advanced Instagram Training - added October 15th
- Economics of Carbon Fee & Dividend Policies - updated October 13th
- Using CCL's New Action Tracker - updated October 8th
- Engaging With CCL Community - updated October 6th
- Social Psychological Framework for Climate Advocates - added October 1st
- Social Media Basics - updated September 29th
By Charles Gabrys , Team O.I.L. Co-Lead A key effort driven by Team O.I.L. (Oil Industry Liaisons) is to liaise with the oil and gas industry, a major stakeholder in the climate change debate, in order to explain CCL's preferred policy and see how it fits with companies' business strategies. Team O.I.L. seeks to understand the industry’s position on ... more
How the Peer-Reviewed Literature Projects a Stronger Economy, More Good Jobs, Better Health, Benefits to the Poor, and Stabilizing Climate Risk By Jerry Hinkle , CCL Research Coordinator Citizens' Climate Lobby asserts that a Carbon Fee and Dividend (CFD) policy is “good for the economy and good for people,” but for some that assertion is not ... more
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. For February's monthly meeting, on Saturday, Feb. 13th, at 1:00 pm ET, we'll hear from Diane Randall, Friends ... more
Climate change is high on the agenda of our new President and could be moving forward this year, perhaps during the summer. Let’s get ready with a focus on boosting your chapter’s capacity for action by stepping up our Grassroots Outreach , especially leading up to April's Earth Day events. To gear up with your local chapter, select and plan one or more ... more