Step Up Your Online Grassroots Outreach This Month Through Earth Day!
Climate change is high on the agenda of our new President and could be moving forward this year, perhaps during the summer. Let’s get ready with a focus on boosting your chapter’s capacity for action by stepping up our Grassroots Outreach, especially leading up to April's Earth Day events.
To gear up with your local chapter, select and plan one or more of these online grassroots activities:
- Promote CCL’s Wednesday night informational session. Set up a coworking session for people to keep each other company while they invite their friends to the info session: (cclusa.org/intro)
- Promote our March 7th special online Climate Advocate Training to non CCLers who want to jump in, and to your newer members who haven’t taken it yet. This CAT will cover our history, methods, the five levers, lobbying roles and will include a lobby meeting role play (cclusa.org/marchcat)
- Plan your own virtual “Get to know CCL event.” Pick a time, determine who will present about CCL, perhaps couple it with something social, and get your chapter members to bring their friends and family. You can have them create a virtual postcard for your next lobby meeting. Sign up all the attendees for our Monthly Calling Campaign cclusa.org/mcc, and text action alerts cclusa.org/text so they are ready to mobilize when a vote comes.
- Plan a big Earth Day Fair with other local groups that lets allies showcase their organization and builds relationships among them. See this sample event schedule for how one local chapter structured their local Ecopalooza with local green groups. For more details watch this CCL Community Online Outreach training video.
- Host a Film Screening with your local chapter, include a panel of local experts and invite your member of Congress's staff to attend. For more information on what other chapters have done see the Host A Screening training.
- Propose online CCL presentations to local organizations. Other organizations in your locale may be seeking speakers for their Earth Day events, so send out presentation proposals to green groups, environmental clubs at your colleges and high schools, professional associations, political clubs, faith groups and their committees, and service organizations like Rotary. And keep your eyes peeled for potential endorsers during the event! Here’s the CCL Community Scheduling Presentations training.
Note: Be sure to report your online Grassroots Outreach events and activities in the Action Tracker, cclusa.org/actiontracker