CCL Community Release - April 19, 2021
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content.
- List of All Upcoming Events for the Month Ahead. A new list at the bottom of the CCL Community Events page displays all local and national upcoming events for the month ahead below the calendar view to help mobile users scroll through more events at a glance.
- Add to My Calendar. When adding a CCL Community event to your calendar, HTML in the description is maintained to help improve the ability to find and connect with any links and online meeting information.
New & Updated Content
Training:Note: All training pages associated with the The Energy Innovation Act have been updated as of April 2nd after the 117th Congress reintroduction of H.R.2307.
- Economic Benefits of CFD: Regulations & Complementary Policies - updated April 19th
- Health Impacts of Climate Change & Burning Fossil Fuels - updated April 15th
- Grassroots Outreach Basics - updated April 13th
- Economic Benefits of CFD: Distribution & Fairness Concerns - updated April 12th
- Understanding Clean Electricity Standards - added April 8th
- Engaging With CCL Community - added April 6th
- Economic Benefits of CFD: Good For Jobs - added April 5th
- Outreach With Agricultural Communities - added April 1st
- Postcards To The President- added March 30th
- Chapter Development Basics - added March 30th
- Economic Benefits of CFD: Climate & Health Benefits - added March 29th
- Big Tent Climate Talks - Climate Leadership Council - added March 25th
- Communicating With Progressives - updated March 23rd
- Economic Benefits of CFD: Impact on GDP - updated March 22nd
Note: All resource pages associated with the The Energy Innovation Act have been updated (unless where noted) given the 117th Congress reintroduction of H.R.2307.
May 12, 2021 Late last week, the first bipartisan carbon pricing bill of the current Congress was introduced by Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA-01) and Rep. Salud Carbajal (D-CA-24). Their bill, the MARKET CHOICE Act, would tax carbon emissions starting at $35 a ton and use the revenue to pay for infrastructure projects. The bill, first introduced by ... more
Looking to gear up for the June 2021 Lobby Days with CCL's trainings? It's as easy as 1-2-3! If you haven't taken it before (either online or in-person), CCL expects everyone planning on participating in lobby days to attend the June 13th Sunday afternoon workshop of CCL’s Climate Advocate Training Workshop (2.5 hrs) (register here) . ... more
May 5, 2021 Thanks in part to the broad bipartisan support CCL helped generate, the Growing Climate Solutions Act (S. 1251) is moving through the Senate at a rapid pace. Introduced on April 20 by Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN) with 43 cosponsors, the bill was passed by voice vote in the Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee just two days later. ... more
Mary Selkirk is a CCL Governing Board member, serving as Chair of the Nominating Committee, and a Legacy Club Donor. Mary has worked on health rights in Central America for 15 years, helping to form an organization to raise money for medical supplies for parts of rural El Salvador during a civil war in the 1980s. She later became an elected official, doing ... more