Community Release - October 7, 2019
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week.
- New "Event Admin" block added to Group Events. This feature adds several new options for group messaging including the ability to schedule messages ahead of and after each event, segmenting your message to recipients based on their RSVP status (Yes, Maybe, or Both), and including attachments that link directly to the email.
- Note: In order to utilize the "Event Admin" block you need to be listed in the group's Admin -> Permissions tab with the "Edit Events" box checked.
- To see this new feature go to your group home page and click on the "Events" tab along the left-side menu:
- After creating an event, go to the event page and click on the "Messaging" tab in the "Event Admin" block:
- In the "Messaging" tab click on the "Create New Message" button:
- When clicked the "Create New Message" block opens a Schedule Message" window in your browser with several options:
- When To Send: Allows Event Admins to send the message now, or schedule a message upon when the Community user RSVPs, or from 1 - 90 days ahead of or after the event day.
- RSVP Status: Allows Event Admins to send/schedule the message to apply to those who only RSVP as Yes, Maybe, or Both.
- Attendee Type: set to "All" as default - can be switched to only message Event Admins if desired.
- Message Subject and Body: Enter the event subject and body. While the fields do not feature Rich Text Editing options, it does allow an Event Admin to copy/paste text, links, and images from other areas.
- Attach Files: Allows Event Admins to upload attachments to the message that will link directly from the email generated.
- When ready to send - click on the blue "Send" button at the bottom of the window and the Event Message with send or be scheduled to send depending on what was setup.
- The "Messaging" tab also keeps track of prior messages sent (currently clicking on them does not display the text of the message sent):
- Public Events created in Private Groups no longer appear in the site-wide Event Calendars or Event Lists.
- The ability to add images to the "About Us" block in groups under the Admin -> Details block has returned.
New & Updated Content
- Celebrating Storytelling - updated page Sept 25th
- Motivational Interviewing Basics - updated page Sept 27th
- Using the Personal Carbon Dividend Calculator - updated page Oct. 4th
Resources & Tools
Last week, a new study from the International Monetary Fund found that “a global tax of $75 per ton by the year 2030 could limit the planet’s warming to 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit),” the Washington Post reported . The Energy Innovation Act would exceed that price by that year. The reporters also noted a carbon price that high would ... more
Business Climate Leaders (BCL), a CCL Action Team, has produced a wonderful video in support of the Energy Innovation Act . The video features Andy Tveekrem, brewmaster and co-founder of Market Garden Brewery in Cleveland, OH, explaining how climate change impacts his supply chain and how and why a national price on carbon is critical to business ... more
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. In October, we will meet: Saturday, October 12th, at 1:00 pm ET / 10:00 am PT Visit your chapter's page to see what plans are for your local meeting and the CCL Events page for more log-in information. ... more
What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week. New Features New "Event Admin" block added to Group Events. This feature adds several new options for group messaging including the ability to schedule ... more