Community Release - November 4, 2019
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week.
- Improved usability on mobile
- On mobile devices the "My Bookmarks" is now a menu-level option. This improvement allows the mobile layout to feature the main news tiles at the top of the page to help improve "My Dashboard" navigation.
- Groups Members page update
- Two new features have been added to your group's Members page (accessible if you click on the members tab on the left-side menu) (see image below).
- The "Newest Members" block list (see image below) on the right side has been increased to display the last 20 supporters to join the group.
2. For Group Leaders Chapter Admins there is now a direct link from the Members page in your group to the Chapter Roster. The block is placed above the "All Members - Alphabetical" list (see image below).
- Chapter Roster email group members button
- A button has been added to the right-side of the Chapter Roster page that when clicked will link group leaders and admins to the Email page for their group on Community (see image below).
- Exporting Custom Groups
- This new feature applies only to Regional and State Coordinators. All Custom groups (including At-Large groups for states) now have the ability to export the contact list to a .csv file. To access this feature, go to the State/Region Custom Groups Tool and click on the "Members" button for the group(s) for which you are interested in generating a list. Once on that custom group's editor page, scroll to the bottom of the "Current Members" column (see image below) and click the "Export Contact List to CSV" button. The .csv file should automatically download to your browser's default download folder. Note: Continue to work with CCL Staff to email large statewide lists of volunteers.
- The "Email Address" and "Password" fields no longer allow auto-fill on one's Account Settings page.
New & Updated Content
- CCL's June Meeting Analysis Training - updated Oct. 24th
- Senate Climate Solutions Caucus Training - added Oct. 23rd
- Fundraise For CCL Nationally - updated Nov. 1st
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. April's monthly meeting will feature Nathaniel Stinnett, executive director of the Environmental Voter Project. Step one to generate political will for climate solutions is to get people who care ... more
Through April, CCL’s regional coordinators are holding virtual office hours on Zoom. Join other volunteers for the chance to build community, find support and come together to connect with others in your region. Got a question or something you’d like to discuss with the RC in your region? Check the list below for the times and Zoom link where you can drop ... more
In early February, a reporter and camera crew from VICE News covered CCL’s Conservative Climate Lobby Day. Their report was posted online this week, and it prominently features CCL’s conservative volunteers and our advocacy for carbon pricing. They represent a growing number of conservatives who worry that the Republican party is losing ground on ... more
In the face of COVID-19, it no longer seems possible nor prudent to plan for our usual in-person conference and lobby day in June. Instead, we will hold a virtual event, so that our climate change work can continue online. We’re still working out the details and will share them soon. Keep an eye on our event page for updates. If you registered for the ... more