Latest Posts

• Weekly Briefing: Starting Now, Contact Senators About Carbon Pricing
    Weekly Briefing: Starting Now, Contact Senators About Carbon Pricing
    July 21, 2021 This is the big moment we’ve been waiting for to get a price on carbon enacted. Between now and September, decisions will be made about climate solutions moving forward in Congress, and now is the time to make our voices heard. “This is what we were built for,” said Danny Richter, CCL’s VP for Government Affairs. “Our organization was built ... more
  • Weekly Briefing: New Contest - Get A Whiff Of The Future
    Weekly Briefing: New Contest - Get A Whiff Of The Future
    July 14, 2021 Ever wonder what the world will smell like in the future if climate change continues on its current course? CCL’s Marketing team did, and they’ve just launched a campaign — “Smells Like Climate Change” — to let everyone know it will really stink if we don’t put a price on carbon. With the aim of generating some buzz and initiating ... more
  • Hope for the best, prepare for the worst
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst
    My brother's question caught me by surprise. "So what’s your plan if you get COVID?" he asked me. "And what's Mom's" Oh! Right. My mom added a couple more pesky questions a few days later. "Where are your durable power of attorney and advance health directive documents stored, Lynate?" I didn't even have those documents created. I was busted! Their ... more
  • Weekly Briefing:  Let’s Prove Exxon Wrong About A Carbon Tax
    Weekly Briefing: Let’s Prove Exxon Wrong About A Carbon Tax
    July 7, 2021 The climate advocacy world was all abuzz last week with the revelation from an Exxon lobbyist that the company's  support for a carbon tax is a "talking point"  largely because they don't believe it is likely to become law. How does this change what we're doing at CCL? Short answer: It doesn't. "We were never counting on Exxon to get a carbon ... more
  • Lessons Learned From A Lifetime Of Travel - Ashley Skoch
    Lessons Learned From A Lifetime Of Travel - Ashley Skoch
    Travel has always been important to me. So in 2017, I quit my job to travel the world. I spent most of that year exploring Colombia, but also ended up in Thailand, Canada and Mexico. Much of my time was spent working on organic farms, rock climbing and eating street treats. I tried scuba diving, deep water soloing and surfing. I helped build an adobe house in ... more
  • July Monthly Actions & Meeting W/ Allie Kelly, Executive Director Of The Ray
    July Monthly Actions & Meeting W/ Allie Kelly, Executive Director Of The Ray
    Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a  monthly meeting  where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your  local chapter's page  to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in.   July's Monthly Meeting took place on Saturday, July 10th   and featured a conversation with Allie ... more
  • Weekly Briefing: CCL-Backed Bill Sails Through Senate
    Weekly Briefing: CCL-Backed Bill Sails Through Senate
    June 30, 2021 In an overwhelming show of bipartisan support for climate legislation, the Growing Climate Solutions Act (S. 1251) sailed through the Senate last week by a vote of 92-8. Sponsored by Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN) and Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), the bill would assist farmers and foresters to access carbon credit markets and get paid for ... more
  • Weekly Briefing: Fareed Zakaria Tells CNN Audience We Need Carbon Fee and Dividend 
    Weekly Briefing: Fareed Zakaria Tells CNN Audience We Need Carbon Fee and Dividend 
    June 23, 2021 Fareed Zakaria, Washington Post columnist and host of CNN’s “Fareed Zakaria GPS,” used the final four minutes of his show on Sunday to tell his audience that the best way to fight climate change is with a carbon fee and dividend. With our current piecemeal approach of regulations and subsidies, Zakaria said, “The government is adding red ... more
  • Building A Climate Legacy - Greyson Morrow
    Building A Climate Legacy - Greyson Morrow
    Greyson Morrow is a volunteer, legacy donor, and longtime supporter of Citizens’ Climate. As a single guy who lives modestly in a comfortable home he purchased for $5,500, and whose most expensive passion is his bicycle, he says, “I decided the most satisfying thing I could do with my saved money was fund the Citizens’ Climate effort.” In his life, ... more
  • Weekly Briefing: New Senate Bill Prices Carbon & Pollutants, Supports Coal Communities
    Weekly Briefing: New Senate Bill Prices Carbon & Pollutants, Supports Coal Communities
    June 16, 2021 The drumbeat to price carbon continues as Senators Sheldon Whitehouse (RI) and Brian Schatz (HI) today introduced the Save Our Future Act, comprehensive legislation that dramatically reduces emissions and protects environmental justice and coal communities. In a statement, CCL Executive Director Mark Reynolds said, “The Save Our ... more
  • Weekly Briefing: 25 Utah Republicans call for carbon pricing
    Weekly Briefing: 25 Utah Republicans call for carbon pricing
    June 9, 2021 In an op-ed published in Salt Lake City’s Deseret News, 25 Utah Republicans endorsed carbon fee and dividend as the best way to bring down the greenhouse gas emissions responsible for climate change. Nineteen of these Republicans are current members of the Utah legislature. The endorsement adds to the momentum building to include carbon ... more
  • CCL Takes Over The Hill
    CCL Takes Over The Hill
    Today only (June 9), check out the homepage of  The Hill  to catch a glimpse of our digital campaign for carbon pricing. This campaign is targeted at congressional agenda setters and influencers and is running all summer. Messages explain the benefits of a carbon price — “Carbon pricing = 50% lower emissions by 2030” and “Carbon pricing means getting ... more

CCL Community Bulletin

• You must enable blog
    in the Settings settings to
    receive email notifications.
  •  

The latest news and updates about CCL, your work, and CCL Community.