Community Release - July 15, 2019
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes that are ready to deploy. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other Monday.
- Send to All option when creating an email list. This is BIG. The second-most popular feature request was the following:
"As a group leader, I want to be able to easily send a message to a set of members based on interests, city, district, or some other factor, so that I can reduce the number of emails sent to all members and target relevant members."For example, as a group leader, I want to send an email to everyone in my chapter (FL Orlando) who is in Florida's 10th district to let them know about an upcoming town hall event. I would first go to my group's page and click "Email" from the group's menu. Scroll down to the section labeled "Email a Subset of Community Users" and select the "Click to select recipients" button.
On the popup screen,
- Click the filter icon
- Select the chapter and district filters
- Enter the name of the group or chapter
- Enter the district
- Send to All
- Filter email or event invite list based on "Date Joined." When sending email to a group or inviting group members to an event, group leaders and chapter admins can now filter their list based on date joined. That may come in handy if you want to invite every who joined within the past X number of days to a new member meeting.
- Text-indent for messages and posts. It's simple, just highlight the text and select the right indent icon in the editor.
- Action teams event category. Action teams have a new action team event category that will only display the event on the individual action team's calendar.
- External links. By default, all links on Community linking to an external website will open in a new browser tab.
- Group event invites "Send to All." When inviting group members to an event, chapter leaders and chapter admins can now select all members of the group at once by clicking the "Send to All" button.
- Sending attachments in email. This is a first step, not the finished feature. Users can attach files to email messages. When the email is received in the recipient's personal email inbox the recipient will see a link to view and/or download the attachment from their Community inbox. Yes, they would need to log into Community to view and/or download the attachment. Soon we hope to have the attachment available in the user's personal email client. Stay tuned!
- State and regional coordinators can now grant permission (FAQ) to someone who is not a state or regional coordinator to add/remove members from a custom group.
- Nonfunctional image, video, and file upload buttons removed from the following rich text editors: Group Description and Events Description.
- Embedded videos no longer duplicate when added to content posts.
- Event timezone is respected when set to display in the Event’s timezone.
New pages and updatesTrainings
- Added Focusing Your Grasstops Outreach Training page
- Added Emerging Group Leaders Training Topic
- Updated Introduction to Energy Innovation Act Training Video
- Added Engaging Your Chamber of Commerce Training page
- Added Becoming A CCL Liaison Training page
- Added Online Group Organizing Tools Training page
- All #CCL2019 Conference Slides, Videos, and Photos have been uploaded
- Added Energy Innovation Act Progress Page
- Updates to the Resources Page Directory overall - including the new category "Videos, Radio, Podcasts"
- Updated 2018 Annual Report
- Updated Making Primary & Supporting Asks resource
- Added Media Packets
- Added Top Evidence-Based Climate Communication Tips
Accessibility updatesSo that Community is easy to understand and navigate for user's accessing the site via a screen reader, this release contains accessibility updates to:
- Event Comments
- File Gallery
- Navigation Search
- Event Date/Time and Address
- Subscribe Button
- The event invite email was updated to include the event start and end times as well as the event address.
- New designs of CCL t-shirts available at our online merchandise store.
Last week, a new study from the International Monetary Fund found that “a global tax of $75 per ton by the year 2030 could limit the planet’s warming to 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit),” the Washington Post reported . The Energy Innovation Act would exceed that price by that year. The reporters also noted a carbon price that high would ... more
Business Climate Leaders (BCL), a CCL Action Team, has produced a wonderful video in support of the Energy Innovation Act . The video features Andy Tveekrem, brewmaster and co-founder of Market Garden Brewery in Cleveland, OH, explaining how climate change impacts his supply chain and how and why a national price on carbon is critical to business ... more
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. In October, we will meet: Saturday, October 12th, at 1:00 pm ET / 10:00 am PT Visit your chapter's page to see what plans are for your local meeting and the CCL Events page for more log-in information. ... more
What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. On CCL Community, we'll release updates every other week. New Features New "Event Admin" block added to Group Events. This feature adds several new options for group messaging including the ability to schedule ... more