CCL Community Release - December 28, 2020
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content.
- Accomplishment Badges. We're excited to announce in the final release notes of 2020, that CCL Community now provides accomplishment badges for all online members! Badges track the actions you take as a climate advocate and range from light green (when you complete your first action in each category) all the way up to bronze, silver, then gold. Hover over the badges on your own profile page to see what actions to take to unlock the next level all the way to gold. You can also look at any friend or fellow group member's profile page on their "My Badges" block to see what accomplishment badges they've unlocked. For a full directory list that indicates how many actions it takes to attain gold in any category go to the Accomplishment Badges glossary. To get credit for your own political will building climate actions, make sure to log each of them in CCL's Action Tracker and wait for the data to sync overnight.
- Forums Searchbar. The forum pages (both sitewide as well as groups) now feature an additional searchbar located right above the list of recent forum topics to help streamline the process of finding discussions by topic and keywords that are of interest to CCL Community members.
- Additional Category in Search. "Group Files" now is available as an option to search group level files and videos in the main search area results.
- Event Admin - Send Message. Event Messages no longer have the "When To Send" option show up - the default option is to send any message immediately. The bug with even messages not able to send when scheduled 1 - 90 days before or after the event date has been disabled until our developer resolves the issue. For more information see the Event Admin FAQ.
- Group Event Comments. Attendees and CCL Community members can now write comments/questions in an Event Comments block at the bottom of group event pages.
- Event RSVP, Likes, and Comments. A bug that had limited sitewide event functionality has now resolved the RSVP block syncing with the Event RSVPs block. Additionally, likes no longer stack but are cumulatively tallied in the lower right and display in the hover-over preview of any event. Comments left on events now are also able to reply directly to rather than beginning a new comment.
New & Updated Content
- Telling Compelling Stories - updated Dec. 23rd
- Grassroots Outreach Basics - updated Dec. 22nd
- Intro to Latino & Spanish-Speaking Outreach - added Dec. 17th
- Communicating With Conservatives - updated Dec. 15th
- Communicating With Progressives - updated Dec. 8th
- How To Lead A Lobby Team - updated Dec. 3rd
- Climate Change Science Basics - updated Dec. 1st
- Q&A About December Conference & Lobby Days - Nov. 24th
- December Lobby Training #2: Primary & Supporting Asks - Nov. 19th
- Engaging Community Leaders - Nov. 17th
- December Lobby Training #1: CCL's Legislative Plan - Nov. 12th
- June Meeting Analysis Training - Nov. 10th
- June Meeting Analysis Tool - Nov. 10th
- Processing The Election - Nov. 5th
- Energy Innovation Act Sponsors - updated Dec. 18th (to 85 sponsors)
- Spanish-Language Resources - updated Dec. 17th
- Merchandise - updated Dec. 15th
- National Conference Presentations - updated Dec. 9th
- Primary Ask (Leave Behind) - updated Dec. 2nd
- 2021 Chapter Action Guide - updated Nov. 30th
- Supporting Asks - updated Nov. 15th
- Frequently Raised Topics in Lobby Meetings - updated Nov. 11th
By Charles Gabrys , Team O.I.L. Co-Lead A key effort driven by Team O.I.L. (Oil Industry Liaisons) is to liaise with the oil and gas industry, a major stakeholder in the climate change debate, in order to explain CCL's preferred policy and see how it fits with companies' business strategies. Team O.I.L. seeks to understand the industry’s position on ... more
How the Peer-Reviewed Literature Projects a Stronger Economy, More Good Jobs, Better Health, Benefits to the Poor, and Stabilizing Climate Risk By Jerry Hinkle , CCL Research Coordinator Citizens' Climate Lobby asserts that a Carbon Fee and Dividend (CFD) policy is “good for the economy and good for people,” but for some that assertion is not ... more
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. For February's monthly meeting, on Saturday, Feb. 13th, at 1:00 pm ET, we'll hear from Diane Randall, Friends ... more
Climate change is high on the agenda of our new President and could be moving forward this year, perhaps during the summer. Let’s get ready with a focus on boosting your chapter’s capacity for action by stepping up our Grassroots Outreach , especially leading up to April's Earth Day events. To gear up with your local chapter, select and plan one or more ... more