CCL Community Release - March 22, 2021
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content.
- Lobby Meetings Logged Through Action Tracker. Moving forward, lobby meeting notes will be logged in CCL's Action Tracker. To log your team's meeting notes, coordinate with your Congressional Liaison and designate who will be using CCL's Action Tracker via Log An Action > Contact with Legislator > Lobby Meeting. The questions that the tracker asks are the same prompts that the CCL Meeting Minutes Print-Out provides lobby teams ahead of time. For more information, see the Using the Action Tracker Training page.
- Action Team Rosters
- Action Team Leaders now have access to their team's rosters beyond the Membership tab. To access your team's roster click on the left-side "Admin" menu option in your group, then click on the "Team Roster" link that will appear once in your team's Admin pages (see image below). Once in your team's roster you'll be able to sort, filter and export your team's membership information as highlighted below.
- Expanded Featured Events. The main CCL Community Events page now includes upcoming conferences and national events in addition to trainings and workshops.
- Event Images For Group Events. Local chapter and action team events now feature the ability to add photos to the head of the local event. To add photos, the event editor either clicks the photo icon in the upper right of the featured default photo (see below)or clicks on the triple dot "..." symbol in the upper right of the event description block and selects "Upload Photos" from the dropdown menu.
- Email Icon. One's CCL Community Messages Inbox now shows up as an email icon on the right side of top menu bar (previously a bell icon) and when there are messages or pending friend request to respond to a red dot is added to highlight a message or request is outstanding.
- Updated Individual Group Settings. To help clarify how notifications work with forwarding updates to your personal email the individual group settings page has been updated to add additional instructions.
- Profile Photos. Resolved an issue where the profile photo wouldn’t show up in the header after logging in.
New & Updated Content
- Working with Environmental Justice Communities - updated March 18th
- Economic Benefits of CFD: Emission Reductions & Getting To Net Zero - updated March 15th
- How To Publish Climate Focused Opinion-Editorials (Op-Eds) - updated March 11th
- Updates From CCL's Research Department - updated March 9th
- Project Charter Workshops - added Feb. 24th
- Getting to Know Your Member of Congress - added Feb. 25th
- CCL & Reddit - added March 8th
- March Lobby Day - Online Climate Advocate Training - updated March 7th
- March Lobby Days w/ Dr. Danny Richter on Primary & Supporting Asks - updated March 4th
- Practicing Effective Lobbying - updated March 2nd
- Big Tent Climate Talks - National Audubon Society - added Feb. 25th
- Engaging Community Leaders - updated Feb. 23rd
- Understanding Updates to Canada's Carbon Fee & Dividend Policy - updated Feb. 18th
- Understanding Congress Basics - updated Feb. 16th
- Engaging Your Chamber of Commerce Training - updated Feb. 11th
- Economics of Carbon Fee & Dividend Policies - updated Feb. 9th
- Deepening Resilient Leadership Workshop - added Feb. 4th
- CCL Media Basics - updated Feb. 2nd
- Big Tent Climate Talks - Chesapeake Climate Action Network - added Jan. 28th
- Climate Science AMA featuring Dr. Michael Mann - added Jan. 26th
- How to Write Effective Letters to the Editor - updated Jan. 21st
- Carbon Pricing Bills In Congress - updated March 22nd
- Hall of Fame: Carbon Pricing Supporters - updated March 19th
- Primary Asks - updated March 4th
- Supporting Asks - updated March 4th
- Fundraising Social Media Toolkit - updated March 3rd
- CCL Shortlinks Directory - added March 1st
- LTE Topics - updated Feb. 19th
- Op-Ed Templates - updated Feb. 19th
- 2021 Chapter Action Guide - updated Feb. 11th
- Editorial Packets - updated Jan. 19th
April 9, 2021 CCL chapters around the nation are getting to work on the vital task of building support for the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act (H.R. 2307), which was reintroduced in the House last week by Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL). And as of today, seven additional cosponsors have already joined ( more information here )! Rep. Deutch said the ... more
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. April's Monthly Meeting will take place on Saturday, April 10th at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT and feature a ... more
By Steve Valk, CCL Communications Coordinator Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL-22) reintroduced the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act this week with 28 cosponsors. ( Congress.gov Page For H.R.2307 ). The bill would place a rising fee on carbon pollution that will get America to net zero emissions by 2050. Revenue from the fee would be distributed ... more
March 31, 2021 We want to show President Biden how popular carbon fee and dividend is, so CCL is asking volunteers to send 3,000 postcards to the White House for our April action. And here’s the good news: MyPostcard, the service we’re using to make and deliver the cards, is donating the 3,000 postcards, which normally are $3 apiece. Why postcards? We live ... more