CCL Community Release - August 5, 2022
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. The CCL Community Release Notes are published after a group of significant new features, bug fixes, and/or content updates have been released. Ask any questions in the comments below.
- Updated Dashboard "The Latest" More News & Updates Block. Making it more easy to scan the top news, keep track of CCL Community Bulletins and click to the relevant links you need.
- Goals Added To Action Tracker. We updated the "Election Season Activity" campaign with a new target (2,000 total) and deadline (Election Day November 8th), see this forum post for more information.
- Group Banner Option Added. You can now add a banner image in place of the blue block across the top center part of your group page. Go to Admin > Details, then scroll down to "Background Image" to make your selection.
- Text Opt In. CCL now includes whether a volunteer has opted into text messaging in the New Chapter Member email that goes out to group leaders and other local chapter admins on Fridays. You'll see a new "Text Opt-In" column next to Mobile Phone in both the body of the new member email, as well as the attached spreadsheet.
- Engagement Segments added. Email subset feature now pre-populates the chapter name in quotes.
- Group Calendar Updates. Group events are now visible across the event main page under the Local Chapter and Region Event category.
- Events Issue Addressed. Fixed an issue where the Events > Event Invite block was not restricting by segment correctly. Now when “Member Segments to Invite” are selected only users from these segments can be invited to the event.
- Discussion Forums. When replying to or quoting a forum topic, the user you are replying to will automatically be @ mentioned in your reply.
- Issue Addressed. Fixed an issue with the Event Admin block for scheduled event messages. It specifically relates to the scheduled event messaging process that runs each day to send off the event messages. The process was marking messages as “processed/sent” incorrectly.
- Group Admin Files. Fixed an issue where group admins were unable to delete group files.
- All Day Events Display. Fixed an issue where ‘all day’ events were showing at starting at 12 AM instead of All Day on the Events > Events Schedule block.
- State Districts Added to Export Roster. State level congressional and senate district fields are now downloadable with the chapter roster.
Most Recent Trainings (reverse chronologically sorted):
New & Updated Content
- The Climate Benefits in the Inflation Reduction Act
- Exploring CCL Youth's Climate Classroom Curriculum
- Understanding Congress Basics (Core Volunteer Training)
- Big Tent Climate Talks on Supreme Court's Decision on West Virginia v. EPA w/ Robert Glicksman
- CCL Live Informational Session
- Trees and Forests as Natural Climate Solutions
- Communicating With Conservatives (Core Volunteer Training)
- Extended Q&A with Nathaniel Stinnett , Executive Director of Environmental Voter Project
- Communicating With Progressives (Core Volunteer Training)
- Preventing Burnout As A Climate Advocate
- How to Craft Climate Conservative Op-Eds
- Climate Advocate Training (Online)
- Engaging Community Leaders (Core Volunteer Training)
- Carbon Pricing and the Oil, Gas and Chemical Industries Engaging With The CCL Community Website
- Understanding Border Carbon Adjustments
- Motivational Interviewing Basics
- Economics of Carbon Fee & Dividend Policies (Core Volunteer Training)
- Lobbying 401: Leading Your Lobby Team
- Climate Science Basics AMA w/ Dr. Andrew Dessler
- June 2022 Lobby Training #2: Primary & Supporting Asks
- Q&A About June 2022 Conference & Lobby Days
- June 2022 Lobby Training #1: Legislative Plan
- CCL's Nerd Corner Launch Party!
- Practicing Effective Lobbying (Core Volunteer Training)
- Lobbying 101: The Transformative Power of Citizen Advocacy
- An Introduction to CCL's Anti-Racism and Allyship Guide
- Big Tent Climate Talks w/ Environmental Voter Project
- IPCC Sixth Assessment Report Updates
- 7 Steps For Media Actions (Core Volunteer Training)
- Exploring Concerns About Inflation From Climate Policies
- CCL’s Policy Objectives
- Mining Your Chapter Roster
- Stand With Ukraine Campaign
- Running Engaging Online & Hybrid Meetings
- Growing Your Local Group
- Campaign Season Activities
- Highlight Your Local Climate Impacts Training
- Generating Media Coverage
- Attending Town Hall and Candidate Forums
- Big Tent Climate Talks w/ Ceres + C2ES
- Exploring the RISEE and FOREST Acts (CCL's Supporting Asks)
- Growing Your Conservative Membership
- LTE Topics (Aug. 3rd)
- Yard Signs (Aug. 3rd)
- Election Season Media Kit for CCL Volunteers (Aug. 2nd)
- Op-Ed Templates (Aug. 2nd)
- Resilience Resources (Aug. 2nd)
- Inflation Reduction Act Flyers (July 29th)
- Social Media Toolkit: Reconciliation Actions (July 28th)
- Environmental Voter Handout (July 22nd)
- Spanish-Language Resources (July 20th)
- CCL Short URLs Directory (July 19th)
- Film Screening Guides (June 20th)
- Conference Presentations & Videos (June 15th)
- Primary Ask (Leave Behind) (June 9th)
- Supporting Asks (June 8th)
- Climate Advocate Training Workshop Resources (May 5th)
- Paperless Action Tools Handout (May 5th)
- Chapter Organizational Chart (April 14th)
- Volunteer Opportunities Email Templates (April 13th)
- Stand With Ukraine Flyers and Posters (April 7th)
- Stand With Ukraine Social Media Toolkit (April 7th)
- CCL Introductory Presentation (March 21st)
- Sign-On Template (March 21st)
- Editorial Packets (March 11th)
- Regional Climate Risks Slideshow Presentations (March 8th)
- Town Hall & Candidate Forum Sample Questions (March 2nd)
- Nerd Corner (and updated Charts of the Week)
- New Content for Volunteer Use. Subscribe to this new category in CCL Community's Sitewide forums to get biweekly direct download links to all new digital content from CCL's marketing department. Ask questions, discuss new content, and make requests for future digital content.
- Action Tracker (see new features above)
- Policy Questions Forum Categories - Expansion into three areas: Carbon Fee & Dividend, Carbon Pricing, Budget Reconciliation, Trees and Forests as Natural Climate Solutions, and Other Policy Questions
- IT Help Center (updated layout and design location on bottom left screen)
August 10, 2022 On Sun., Aug. 7, the U.S. Senate passed the Inflation Reduction Act by one vote. The bill, which is scheduled for a vote in the House of Representatives within days, includes by far the largest and most consequential measures to reduce domestic climate pollution in the nation’s history, with a $386 billion clean energy investment, ... more
What's a release? Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. The CCL Community Release Notes are published after a group of significant new features, bug fixes, and/or content updates have been released. Ask any questions in the comments below. New Features Updated Dashboard ... more
Each month, Citizens’ Climate Lobby supporters gather locally for a monthly meeting where we educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker. Go to your local chapter's page to find out more about your chapter's plans for listening in. August's Monthly Meeting took place on Saturday, August 13th at 1:00 pm ET and featured a ... more
Posted on August 1, 2022 Speaking with five different guests, host, Peterson Toscano, takes a deep dive to explore how climate change and extreme weather affect lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender non-binary, and queer (LGBTQ+) people. Leo Goldsmith (he/him) of ICF is one of the co-authors of Queer and Present Danger: ... more