CCL Community Release - August 5, 2022
What's a release?Simply put, a release is a package of software updates consisting of new features and bug fixes along with new content. The CCL Community Release Notes are published after a group of significant new features, bug fixes, and/or content updates have been released. Ask any questions in the comments below.
- Updated Dashboard "The Latest" More News & Updates Block. Making it more easy to scan the top news, keep track of CCL Community Bulletins and click to the relevant links you need.
- Goals Added To Action Tracker. We updated the "Election Season Activity" campaign with a new target (2,000 total) and deadline (Election Day November 8th), see this forum post for more information.
- Group Banner Option Added. You can now add a banner image in place of the blue block across the top center part of your group page. Go to Admin > Details, then scroll down to "Background Image" to make your selection.
- Text Opt In. CCL now includes whether a volunteer has opted into text messaging in the New Chapter Member email that goes out to group leaders and other local chapter admins on Fridays. You'll see a new "Text Opt-In" column next to Mobile Phone in both the body of the new member email, as well as the attached spreadsheet.
- Engagement Segments added. Email subset feature now pre-populates the chapter name in quotes.
- Group Calendar Updates. Group events are now visible across the event main page under the Local Chapter and Region Event category.
- Events Issue Addressed. Fixed an issue where the Events > Event Invite block was not restricting by segment correctly. Now when “Member Segments to Invite” are selected only users from these segments can be invited to the event.
- Discussion Forums. When replying to or quoting a forum topic, the user you are replying to will automatically be @ mentioned in your reply.
- Issue Addressed. Fixed an issue with the Event Admin block for scheduled event messages. It specifically relates to the scheduled event messaging process that runs each day to send off the event messages. The process was marking messages as “processed/sent” incorrectly.
- Group Admin Files. Fixed an issue where group admins were unable to delete group files.
- All Day Events Display. Fixed an issue where ‘all day’ events were showing at starting at 12 AM instead of All Day on the Events > Events Schedule block.
- State Districts Added to Export Roster. State level congressional and senate district fields are now downloadable with the chapter roster.
Most Recent Trainings (reverse chronologically sorted):
New & Updated Content
- The Climate Benefits in the Inflation Reduction Act
- Exploring CCL Youth's Climate Classroom Curriculum
- Understanding Congress Basics (Core Volunteer Training)
- Big Tent Climate Talks on Supreme Court's Decision on West Virginia v. EPA w/ Robert Glicksman
- CCL Live Informational Session
- Trees and Forests as Natural Climate Solutions
- Communicating With Conservatives (Core Volunteer Training)
- Extended Q&A with Nathaniel Stinnett , Executive Director of Environmental Voter Project
- Communicating With Progressives (Core Volunteer Training)
- Preventing Burnout As A Climate Advocate
- How to Craft Climate Conservative Op-Eds
- Climate Advocate Training (Online)
- Engaging Community Leaders (Core Volunteer Training)
- Carbon Pricing and the Oil, Gas and Chemical Industries Engaging With The CCL Community Website
- Understanding Border Carbon Adjustments
- Motivational Interviewing Basics
- Economics of Carbon Fee & Dividend Policies (Core Volunteer Training)
- Lobbying 401: Leading Your Lobby Team
- Climate Science Basics AMA w/ Dr. Andrew Dessler
- June 2022 Lobby Training #2: Primary & Supporting Asks
- Q&A About June 2022 Conference & Lobby Days
- June 2022 Lobby Training #1: Legislative Plan
- CCL's Nerd Corner Launch Party!
- Practicing Effective Lobbying (Core Volunteer Training)
- Lobbying 101: The Transformative Power of Citizen Advocacy
- An Introduction to CCL's Anti-Racism and Allyship Guide
- Big Tent Climate Talks w/ Environmental Voter Project
- IPCC Sixth Assessment Report Updates
- 7 Steps For Media Actions (Core Volunteer Training)
- Exploring Concerns About Inflation From Climate Policies
- CCL’s Policy Objectives
- Mining Your Chapter Roster
- Stand With Ukraine Campaign
- Running Engaging Online & Hybrid Meetings
- Growing Your Local Group
- Campaign Season Activities
- Highlight Your Local Climate Impacts Training
- Generating Media Coverage
- Attending Town Hall and Candidate Forums
- Big Tent Climate Talks w/ Ceres + C2ES
- Exploring the RISEE and FOREST Acts (CCL's Supporting Asks)
- Growing Your Conservative Membership
- LTE Topics (Aug. 3rd)
- Yard Signs (Aug. 3rd)
- Election Season Media Kit for CCL Volunteers (Aug. 2nd)
- Op-Ed Templates (Aug. 2nd)
- Resilience Resources (Aug. 2nd)
- Inflation Reduction Act Flyers (July 29th)
- Social Media Toolkit: Reconciliation Actions (July 28th)
- Environmental Voter Handout (July 22nd)
- Spanish-Language Resources (July 20th)
- CCL Short URLs Directory (July 19th)
- Film Screening Guides (June 20th)
- Conference Presentations & Videos (June 15th)
- Primary Ask (Leave Behind) (June 9th)
- Supporting Asks (June 8th)
- Climate Advocate Training Workshop Resources (May 5th)
- Paperless Action Tools Handout (May 5th)
- Chapter Organizational Chart (April 14th)
- Volunteer Opportunities Email Templates (April 13th)
- Stand With Ukraine Flyers and Posters (April 7th)
- Stand With Ukraine Social Media Toolkit (April 7th)
- CCL Introductory Presentation (March 21st)
- Sign-On Template (March 21st)
- Editorial Packets (March 11th)
- Regional Climate Risks Slideshow Presentations (March 8th)
- Town Hall & Candidate Forum Sample Questions (March 2nd)
- Nerd Corner (and updated Charts of the Week)
- New Content for Volunteer Use. Subscribe to this new category in CCL Community's Sitewide forums to get biweekly direct download links to all new digital content from CCL's marketing department. Ask questions, discuss new content, and make requests for future digital content.
- Action Tracker (see new features above)
- Policy Questions Forum Categories - Expansion into three areas: Carbon Fee & Dividend, Carbon Pricing, Budget Reconciliation, Trees and Forests as Natural Climate Solutions, and Other Policy Questions
- IT Help Center (updated layout and design location on bottom left screen)
May 31, 2023 Lawmakers have reached a deal to raise the debt limit, and it includes some reforms to America’s energy permitting processes. That deal is now working its way through Congress in an attempt to beat the June 5 deadline when the government is expected to run out of money to pay its bills. In a post on CCL Community , CCL Research Coordinator Dana ... more
Episode 84: Unraveling the Bible’s Message on Climate Change + Episode 83: The Not-So-Cool Effects of Air Conditioning on Climate Change
Episode 84: Unraveling the Bible’s Message on Climate Change In this episode of Citizens’ Climate Radio, we explore the intersection between the Bible and climate change. More specifically, we discuss the Christian faith and how it inspires its followers to advocate for the planet. Pastor Kyle Meyaard Schaap , husband, father, and self-described ... more
May 24, 2023 With less than three weeks until CCL's conference and lobby day (June 10-13), we're excited to report that nearly a thousand climate advocates will converge on our nation's capital to connect with each other, learn new skills and policies, and make their voices heard in support of climate solutions. So, what will we be asking for on the ... more
May 17, 2023 The debate on permitting reform, which is needed to speed up the clean energy transition, is heating up in Congress, and CCL volunteers will lobby on this issue next month . So, what are the proposals in play right now, and what will we be asking for? To answer these questions and bring everyone up to speed, CCL Senior Director of Government ... more