Film Screening Guides
This resource provides downloaded guides to help local chapters host events with screenings that CCL has used in the past.
Download the following guide(s) to help prepare for your local film screening! Visit the Hosting A Screening training page more information and CCL's general advice.
- Description: With rare compassion and heart, THE HUMAN ELEMENT follows environmental photographer James Balog on his quest to highlight Americans on the frontlines of climate change, inspiring us to re-evaluate our relationship with the natural world.
- Duration: 76 minutes
- Description: In The Burden filmmaker Roger Sorkin shines a stark light on the present dangers America's fossil fuel addiction poses to our economy, environment, armed forces and national security, while showing how the military is poised to lead development of new clean energy technology.
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Description: In Tidewater, follow filmmaker Roger Sorkin’s storytelling behind the Hampton Roads area of Virginia is relatively unknown nationwide, but it is the region whose vulnerability to sea level rise most affects military readiness and our overall national security. The story strikes a positive tone, highlighting the outsized capabilities of Hampton Roads to show the nation and the world how it can be done. Lots of hard choices and sacrifices will have to be made in order for the plan to succeed, but if they get it right, human communities everywhere will have a roadmap.
- Duration: 42 minutes
- Description: Filmmaker James Redford embarks on a colorful personal journey into the dawn of the clean energy era as it creates jobs, turns profits, and makes communities stronger and healthier across the US. Unlikely entrepreneurs in communities from Georgetown, TX to Buffalo, NY reveal pioneering clean energy solutions while James’ discovery of how clean energy works, and what it means at a personal level, becomes the audiences’ discovery too
- Duration: 71 minutes
- Description: Saving Snow is a 2018 feature documentary by independent filmmaker Diogo Castro Freire on how ski towns are coping with warmer winters. It was made to educate audiences about the impacts of climate change on the winter economy and build support for mitigation and adaptation efforts across the country.
- Duration: 53 minutes
- Description: In December of 2016, Citizens’ Climate Lobby and CCL volunteers were featured in an episode of the acclaimed National Geographic series Years of Living Dangerously.
- Duration: 26 minutes