Energy Innovation Act Progress Page
Track monthly updates for the total number of cosponsors, supporters, and other significant Energy Innovation Act timeline events. Visit the Hall of Fame: Carbon Pricing Supporters to see some of the most important individual and organizational endorsements.
Have you completed this training?
Energy Innovation Act - By The Numbers
(as of March 31, 2022):
- 168 municipal resolutions, municipal endorsements, and tribal resolutions for the Energy Innovation Act (including the County of Los Angeles) representing a population of 24,742,601 residents.
- 132 municipal resolutions endorsing carbon fee & dividend policies (including Chicago, Dallas, etc.)
- Over 3,000 statements of support and endorsements for the Energy Innovation Act from prominent community leaders
- For statistics on the total number of actions CCL volunteers have taken since the Energy Innovation Act was first introduced see CCL's Statistics page or this map of all Energy Innovation Act endorsements.
- Nov 5, 2021 - Rep. Jahana Hayes becomes the 87th cosponsor of H.R. 2307 (more than any other carbon pricing bill has ever had!)
- Jul 27, 2021 - Rep Diana DeGette becomes the 80th cosponsor of H.R.2307
- Jun 17, 2021 - Rep. Al Lawson becomes the 70th cosponsor of H.R.2307
- Jun 11, 2021 - Rep. David Cicilline becomes the 60th cosponsor of H.R.2307
- May 12, 2021 - Rep. Madeleine Dean becomes the 50th cosponsor of H.R.2307
- Apr 16, 2021 - Rep. Mike Levin becomes the 40th cosponsor of H.R.2307
- Apr 1, 2021 - The Energy Innovation & Carbon Dividend Act is re-introduced in the House as H.R.2307 by Rep. Ted Deutch with 28 cosponsors
- Mar 24, 2021 - 1000 businesses have endorsed the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act
- Jan 15, 2021 - 100 state-level legislators and 200 county and city legislators have endorsed the Energy Innovation Act
- Dec 4, 2020 - 2,000 endorsements from prominent community leaders and endorsers submitted & posted at EnergyInnovationAct.org
- Aug 6, 2020 - 100 municipal/county governments/tribal entities pass resolutions supporting the Energy Innovation Act
- Apr 6, 2020 - 1,500 endorsements for H.R. 763 from prominent community leaders and endorsers submitted & posted at EnergyInnovationAct.org
- Feb 22, 2020 - Rep. Frederica Wilson becomes the 80th cosponsor of H.R. 763 (more than any other carbon pricing bill has ever had!)
- Nov 12, 2019 - Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney becomes the 70th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Sep 7, 2019 - 1000 endorsements from prominent community leaders and endorsers submitted & posted at EnergyInnovationAct.org
- Aug 30, 2019 - Rep. Emanuel Cleaver becomes the 60th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Jun 25, 2019 - Volunteers secure an Energy Innovation Act resolution from Los Angeles County, CA, the most populous county in the U.S.
- Jun 21, 2019 - Rep. Brenda Lawrence becomes the 50th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Jun 7, 2019 - 100 Brewers sign onto the Brewers Climate Declaration
- May 27, 2019 - Rep. David Price becomes the 40th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Apr 17, 2019 - CCL volunteers secure the 500th endorsement from local prominent community leaders and organizations
- Apr 12, 2019 - Rep. Katie Porter becomes the 30th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Mar 21, 2019 - Former US Secretary of Energy Steven Chu endorses the bill
- Mar 18, 2019 - Rep. Angie Craig becomes the 20th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Jan 30, 2019 - Rep. Salud Carbajal becomes the 10th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Jan 25, 2019 - The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops issues a positive statement about the bill
- Jan 24, 2019 - The Energy Innovation & Carbon Dividend Act is re-introduced in the House as H.R. 763 with seven cosponsors and referred to three committees (Ways & Means, Energy & Commerce, Foreign Affairs)
- Dec 12, 2018 - Bipartisan Senate companion legislation (S. 3791) introduced - a first for bicameral carbon pricing legislation having companion legislation
- Nov 27, 2018 - After over nine years of work by CCL volunteers, the bipartisan House bill (H.R. 7173) is introduced - the first bipartisan carbon pricing legislation in almost a decade!
- Jun 11, 2018 - 1,200 volunteers lobby 500 Congressional offices in DC