Energy Innovation Act Progress Page
The Energy Innovation Act Progress page keeps volunteers up to date on our progress in building support for this monumental legislation.
The Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act (H.R. 763) will drive down America's carbon pollution and bring climate change under control, while unleashing American technology innovation and ingenuity.
On January 24, 2019, H.R. 763 was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means, in addition to the Committees on Energy and Commerce (the Subcommittee on Energy), and Foreign Affairs, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned. This page will be updated as further committee action is taken.
By The Numbers
80 Cosponsors (more than any carbon pricing bill has ever had!)
(as of March 27, 2020):
- 108 municipal resolutions, municipal endorsements, and tribal resolutions for the Energy Innovation Act (including the County of Los Angeles)
- 132 municipal resolutions endorsing carbon fee & dividend policies (including Chicago, Dallas, etc.)
- Almost 1,500 statements of support and endorsements for the Energy Innovation Act from prominent community leaders
- For statistics on the total number of actions CCL volunteers have taken since the Energy Innovation Act was first introduced see CCL's Statistics page.
- Feb 22, 2020 - Rep. Frederica Wilson becomes the 80th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Nov 12, 2019 - Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney becomes the 70th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Sep 7, 2019 - 1000 endorsements for H.R. 763 from prominent community leaders and endorsers submitted & posted at EnergyInnovationAct.org
- Aug 30, 2019 - Rep. Emanuel Cleaver becomes the 60th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Jun 25, 2019 - Volunteers secure an Energy Innovation Act resolution from Los Angeles County, CA, the most populous county in the U.S.
- Jun 21, 2019 - Rep. Brenda Lawrence becomes the 50th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Jun 7, 2019 - 100 Brewers sign onto the Brewers Climate Declaration
- May 27, 2019 - Rep. David Price becomes the 40th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Apr 17, 2019 - CCL volunteers secure the 500th endorsement from local prominent community leaders and organizations
- Apr 12, 2019 - Rep. Katie Porter becomes the 30th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Mar 21, 2019 - Former US Secretary of Energy Steven Chu endorses the bill
- Mar 18, 2019 - Rep. Angie Craig becomes the 20th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Jan 30, 2019 - Rep. Salud Carbajal becomes the 10th cosponsor of H.R. 763
- Jan 25, 2019 - The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops issues a positive statement about the bill
- Jan 24, 2019 - The Energy Innovation & Carbon Dividend Act is re-introduced in the House as H.R. 763 with seven cosponsors and referred to three committees (Ways & Means, Energy & Commerce, Foreign Affairs)
- Dec 12, 2018 - Bipartisan Senate companion legislation (S. 3791) introduced - a first for bicameral carbon pricing legislation having companion legislation
- Nov 27, 2018 - After over nine years of work by CCL volunteers, the bipartisan House bill (H.R. 7173) is introduced - the first bipartisan carbon pricing legislation in almost a decade!
- Jun 11, 2018 - 1,200 volunteers lobby 500 Congressional offices in DC