Calling your Senators and Representative helps create the political will needed to solve global warming by demonstrating constituent concern. Call your members of Congress to amplify our voices and help move Congress closer to enacting the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Action.
Use CCL’s online calling tool cclusa.org/call to:
- Get the phone numbers for your members of Congress
- See and use a simple script for House members and Senators
- Report your calls - be sure to click the "DONE CALLING" button so that your calls are reported and you don’t need to file a field report.
If you call your member of Congress directly - not using CCL’s online calling tool, be sure to:
- Start by saying that you are a constituent and a voter and climate is your highest priority issue
- If your Representative is a bill co-sponsor then express appreciation, otherwise, ask your Representative to “cosponsor” the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act, H.R. 763.
- When you call your two Senators, ask them to “cosponsor” the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act when it is reintroduced in the Senate.
- Report your calls in a field report so that we know how many calls were made