Adding New Volunteers in the Database
There are several ways to join CCL. If folks join CCL via an online form they are automatically added to our database. This training explains the two primary ways of registering a new volunteer into the CCL database if they sign up at an event using a paper signup sheet.
How to Add or Update Volunteers in the Database is part of the Group Administration series.
Adding a few new volunteers on your own
If you have only a few new volunteers to add to your chapter after an event follow the simple instruction steps below or click the "Watch" tab to view the video.
- Open up your Chapter Roster tool (available under "My Tools" on your dashboard or within the Tools page on Community).
- If you are not a group leader, you will need permission to access the roster.
- Once it has fully loaded, click on the "Add Member(s)" tab on the far right.
- Scroll down to the field where you can enter the first individual's email address and click the "Search" button to the right.
- If the individual is already entered into CCL's database, their contact information will show up below and you will be able to edit any of their profile information if they are in your chapter.
- If the individual is not in our database, click on the "Add Member" button just to the right of the "Search" button as it will become visible.
- Enter at least the first and last name and confirm the group information for that individual. This is the bare minimum information needed to create a new contact.
- If possible, add all additional details you've gathered about the individual, including any helpful notes and details about the event where they signed up at (e.g. 01/01/2019 - NYC Farmer's Market - 42nd St.)
- Once all information has been entered, click on the "Save' button in the upper right to save their contact information into the database.
- Repeat this process for your additional new volunteers.
With a little help from your friends
After an event, if your team has ten or more new volunteers to enter into your chapter roster, you can submit new contacts to CCL’s home office via the following process:
- Download this New Member Import Spreadsheet.
- Be sure to only submit information from the forms of people who have “opted in” to receive follow-up CCL communication (their box is checked at the bottom of the form).
- In the column labeled “Event” put in a short description and date of your event.
- Send the completed spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once CCL's Membership team receives new member data it is their goal to import the list into CCL's database within two weeks.
- Once imported, new members will receive a welcome email that invites them to join CCL's informational session call and provides them a Community account automatically. Visit When Someone New Joins CCL training and see the FAQ on CCL's new Join Process for more information.
Finding Your Roster
Entering Many Members
Where To Find More Resources
- Sara Wanous