Developing Your Chapter Action Plan With the Take Action Worksheet
How To Use This Worksheet
Celebrate your 2023 accomplishments
Save time during your gathering to raise a coffee mug to celebrate all the actions, progress and successes you accomplished in 2023!
- Use the action tracker dashboard to review your chapter’s total number of LTEs, outreach events, etc.
- Review the GL/liaison report (emailed monthly) for more specific details.
- Ask your veteran volunteers or chapter’s leadership team to name their favorite 2023 accomplishments.
Part 1 - Use this Venn diagram to find the center of your chapter’s climate advocacy. Note: This image and approach is adapted from Dr. A.E. Johnson’s TED Talk and book
For this step, you may want to (1) use a whiteboard, (2) give attendees a piece of paper, or (3) make a copy of this Google form (cclusa.org/chapter-plan-form) and share the link with attendees.
Ask attendees to write down their responses to the three reflective questions below (see image):
- What CCL work brings you joy? What enlivens and energizes you?
- What work are you good at? What are your skills, resources, and networks?
- What CCL work needs doing? What additional support for climate action/policy do you need to build in your community and with your members of Congress in 2024?
Next, ask some or all of your attendees to briefly share their responses aloud. If you used the Google form, you might project the spreadsheet onto a screen. As people share, discuss common themes and work together to recognize where the three sets of collected responses overlap. This is the center of your chapter’s climate advocacy.
Doing this exercise will help prepare your chapter for January 2024 when we’ll ask you to apply the center of your chapter’s climate advocacy to CCL’s 2024 legislative roadmap to create your 2024 Chapter Action Plan.
Volunteer Opportunities Role Descriptions and Email Templates
- Download this guide for your Take Action Chapter Worksheet