Taking Action On The Energy Innovation Act
You can take action now to support the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act (H.R.2307)! Follow below to start spreading the word in support of the Energy Innovation Act!
Taking Your First Action
The highest priority action that all CCL volunteers can take to demonstrate and generate support is telling your Members of Congress you support the Energy Innovation Act. Click here to either thank your member of Congress for being a sponsor or to ask him/her to become a sponsor.
Additional Actions On Your Own
- Social Media:
- Spread the news of the bill to your friends and family by sharing/reposting our posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn with your friends and family.
- For those of you who are rusty in your social media skills, explore CCL Community's Social Media trainings and follow the actions in CCL’s Social Media Toolkit.
- Letters to the Editor: Write a letter to the editor of your local paper and thank the bill sponsors by name. Can you help us continue the surge of letters? When your letter is published, be sure to log an action or, if you aren’t connected to a local chapter, email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a Postcard to the President. Help us load up the White House mail room with postcards to demonstrate that carbon pricing is broadly popular, and we’d like to see a carbon price with a dividend included in his climate package. Instructions here.
Take Actions With Your Chapter
- Grassroots: Work with your chapter on giving online presentations to build awareness and support for the bill. Resources are available here (and in Spanish).
- Grasstops: Influencers can endorse the bill at energyinnovationact.org/endorse. If you have been working with grasstops influencers, see our bill endorsement instructions for more information.
- Chapter Organizing: Now that we have a bill, we need thousands of new active volunteers across the country to build widespread support for it. Help your group leader welcome and orient new members, invite your friends to join and to listen to our informational session. Note: For help finding your chapter, visit CCL Community’s local chapter page and click on the pin closest to you to be directed to your group’s homepage.
- Madeleine Para
Instructions for printing this page on Community.