Taking Action On The Energy Innovation Act
You can take action now to support the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act! Follow below to start spreading the word in support of the Energy Innovation Act!
Taking Your First Action
The highest priority action that all CCL volunteers can take to demonstrate and generate support is telling your Members of Congress you support the Energy Innovation Act.
Click here to either thank your member of Congress for being a sponsor or to ask him/her to become a sponsor.
Additional Actions On Your Own
- Social Media:
- Spread the news of the bill to your friends and family by sharing CCL’s Facebook post(s) with your own Facebook friends and family. For those of you who are rusty in your Facebook skills, watch our 5-minute video tutorial. It’s easy!
- Want to do more? Thank the sponsors, tweet your representatives and promote the bill to your members of Congress on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by following the actions in CCL’s Social Media Toolkit.
- Letters to the Editor: Write a letter to the editor of your local paper and thank the bill sponsors by name. We set a new record in December for letters to the editor published in one month–can you help us continue the surge of letters? When your letter is published, be sure to report it to your chapter or if you aren’t connected to a local chapter email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend A CCL Conference: Improve your skills and swing into action with other climate advocates by attending one of CCL’s Regional Conferences or the June 9-11 National Conference in Washington, DC.
Take Actions With Your Chapter
- Grassroots: Work with your chapter on tabling and presentations to build awareness and support for the bill. Our nationwide challenge to all our chapters is to hold 2000 outreach events by the end of April. Resources are available here (and in Spanish).
- Grasstops: Influencers can endorse the bill at energyinnovationact.org/endorse. If you have been working with grasstops influencers see our bill endorsement instructions for more information.
- Chapter Organizing: Now that we have a bill, we need thousands of new active volunteers across the country to build widespread support for it. Help your group leader welcome and orient new members, invite your friends to join and to listen to our information session, and consider helping a new chapter start by becoming a Group Development Coach.
- Note: For help finding your chapter, visit Community’s local chapter page and click on the pin closest to you to be directed to your group’s homepage.
Instructions for printing this page on Community.
See all resources associated with Energy Innovation Act